Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Five

Happy Friday everyone! This week has been quite a whirlwind...an unexpected thing happened and it turned everything upside-down.

{one}

I was offered a contract {to hopefully hire} position at Boeing on Tuesday and they need me to start Monday. I worked for Boeing from 2011-2013 {also as a contractor}. I had randomly found a woman on Facebook in our local mommy exchange group that had commented on someone's post that she recruited for aerospace industry jobs. I messaged her and asked her if she recruited for Boeing and she said she did. I gave her a little background info and my history there and she said she'd keep me in mind if anything ever came up. I really didn't expect much. Plus, I hadn't planned on going back to work, if not at least until the fall when Breckin started Kindergarten. However, if I was going to go back, it would only be for a good company like Boeing. So I just put it out there to see what happened. So when she called me on Tuesday, our conversation went like this:

Recruiter: "So, I don't know how good of a job you did when you were there before, but all I did was mention your name and they told me you didn't even need an interview and get her in here ASAP!" {She said in all her years of recruiting, this has never happened.}

Me: "Whaaaa? Oh my God, really? Wow, OK." {I know, so professional, right?}

Recruiter: "So are you interested and can you start Monday?" {Then more about position...yada yada yada.}

I was floored...and had so many mixed emotions. Leaving Breckin and Farrah way earlier than expected...a crazy new life schedule {work starts at 7am, so I have to get up at 4:30am now just to get my workout in and get kids ready for school/daycare}. I had to quickly get childcare and after school care lined up...I had to find time to go get the required drug test and my badge...it has just been a CRAZY week. But it's a good job, and if I am able to land a permanent position, the benefits are so great for our family. I am sad to say goodbye to my SAHM status...I have loved my schedule with the kids...and of course getting to enjoy all the baby months with Farrah. Now I'm praying I won't miss her big first-time milestones - crawling, walking...I will be a blubbering mess driving to work on Monday. At least I get off work at 3:30pm. This picture will for sure be plastered on my work laptop.


{two}

Breckin, Farrah and I made it out to the beach this week for a stroll and some play. It was so nice this week compared to what it has been. The mornings have still been a tad chilly, but it got up to high 60s most days.





{three}

I got my orders from Ali Express yesterday and they are both perfect! If you remember from this post last week, I told you about the Isabel Marant sweater I scored as well as the J. Crew herringbone vest. Here I am today sporting the sweater:


{four}

Tomorrow is my husband's 37th birthday! We are getting a date night, so we are taking him to get a nice steak and then watch American Sniper. I've heard it's really good. Have you seen it yet?


{five}

I feel like I've got so much on my plate this weekend...starting a new job on Monday after being out of work for 9 months is quite busy. Everyone is going to be on a new schedule, going to new places...even my husband will now have to wake up a little earlier since he will be the one driving the kids to daycare {it's opposite direction of my work, and I go in so early, so the less time they have to be at daycare, the better}. I will be packing a lunch every day for myself, so this is prime time to get back on a good meal prep schedule. On Sundays, I will be prepping veggies, chicken and sweet potatoes, etc. for the week {for both Jake and I to take to work for lunch}. If I don't pack a lunch and snacks at Boeing, it's just bad news. I know this from working there before. Their cafeteria has too many fatty options and then fast food gets expensive and of course is bad as well. I also got contacted by an old California college friend that is in town this week on business and we plan to meet up tomorrow to catch up after 10 or so years!

Have a great weekend!





Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...