Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Just Grin & Barre It...

I am in love with barre class.

You may have heard of this fitness method - places such as the Bar Method and Physique 57 have really helped bring it to the mainstream in the world of health and fitness. It's claim to fame is that the exercises help you achieve dancer-esque body status - you know, long, lean and tone muscles.

via
I danced for so many years and I'd love to look a lot more like a dancer again. These classes are training muscles I haven't utilized in years. It is definitely challenging - but what is challenging is what transforms you.

via


via

Be warned - this is not like the dance classes you may remember taking as a little girl {though I remember those being quite strenuous as well, especially during competition season}. These classes use balls, bands, weights and likely some muscles you didn't even know existed.



via

I always look forward to my next class.

See you at the barre.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...