Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Musings

What a weekend! Of course, gone by too quickly like all the rest.

I don't know where my head has been lately - even though I've been trying hard to menu plan and stick to it, somehow we still end up at a restaurant booth somewhere. Friday night, we actually went to TGIF {fitting, right?}

Jake had USCG duty this weekend so it was the boys and me against the world {more like me against them}. We started out our Saturday with a trip to Target where I managed to get Tanner's birthday gift without him realizing and a few other things for his Lego-themed birthday party coming up. We then went to the local Halloween store to pick out his costume. {Breckin will be recycling Tanner's Tigger costume from when he was a baby/toddler.} Tanner picked out Spiderman...can't wait to show you pics of how cute he is in it...and Tigger too!

After Jake got home and settled in, we had our family pumpkin-carving party...


My Boys

My Little Pumpkin



Tanner getting to gut the pumpkin this year...

Watching Daddy at work

Our "S" Pumpkin

Of course, as usual, I'm not in any of the pictures...being the photographer and all. I always joke with Jake that I'm glad I can make these memories for HIM. Haha.

It was definitely a great way to spend a rainy Saturday with tropical storm Sandy out there.

Sunday I worked, and Jake did too, so we had a babysitter for the boys - which they just loved. We are so thankful for having teenage girls move in next door - more date nights for us!

We capped off the weekend at our family spot {yet another restaurant - so much for that menu plan!} - Los Arcos. I was glad to enjoy a margarita...yum.

Hope y'all had a great weekend! xoxo

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...