Friday, November 9, 2012

Kitchen Update: Floors

Earlier this week, I let you know about the kitchen floor replacement project my husband decided to take on this past weekend. {See our first kitchen update post here.}

I am so excited to share with you the finished product {though the entire kitchen has yet to be finished} - and just in time for Tanner's birthday party tomorrow. I told Jake he absolutely had to have it done by then due to all the guests we are having over. {Having the refrigerator in the living room just isn't convenient for a party...well, not this kind of party.}

So here's another series of update pics - I'm hoping you can start to see how the black, gray and white are all starting to come together now.


Laying out the tile with thin-set

The tiles had originally been large squares, but Jake wanted to cut them to create the subway tile pattern.





Hubby even made me help scrub the grout off after he slathered it on. Not the most fun job in the world, but necessary!




For fun, here's some before pics:










 And the afters {so far}:




Even our dog blends in now!







Here is our progress list so far:

1. New Countertops & Sink
2. Install Backsplash
3. Install Ceramic Tile Floors
4. Paint Cabinets - White
5. Paint Walls - Light Gray
6. New Dining Room Table & Chairs

Stay tuned for more progress soon! xoxo

See the parties I link up to here.

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

4 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

it looks great! love the subway style floors, good call with that!

Charleston Hokie said...

Your floors look really awesome! I love that tile! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you! I'm so happy with them! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

Jan said...

I think your kitchen project is coming along just splendidly! I am always a sucker for a photograph with a doggy in it, that's why I visited you from The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday, to check it out and see if the dog was actually for real (is). Thus far, I am loving what you've done. My 21 year old virgin kitchen is crying out for a re-do, thanks for some great ideas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...