Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Musings

This weekend was AWESOME.

We celebrated our sweet Tanner's 7th birthday  on Saturday {actual birthday was November 6th} with some family and friends at our house. As previously mentioned, we did a Lego theme since Tanner is Lego-obsessed. I had a lot of fun putting the decorations together...I'll be posting about his party tomorrow.




I seriously cannot believe my main man is SEVEN. Am I really getting that old? He is getting so big right before my very eyes...it's bittersweet.

I love that Tanner's birthday is at the beginning of November. For me, it sort of feels like our kickoff to the holiday season. We get to see a few family members and friends...in just over a week from now we'll be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and Thanksgiving...it's just a time of togetherness for our family and Tanner himself has always symbolized togetherness for our family...at least to me...he is the reason we are a family. God has blessed us so much with this little boy...Tanner serves a larger purpose in His plan than any of us may ever know.

On Sunday, I went to work - I know, do I EVER have a weekend off? This one was my doing though...after taking off last Tuesday for Tanner's birthday, I decided to make up some time and offered to work. I'm actually very fortunate that my job provides that opportunity. I do know that I'm not scheduled to work any weekends until December, so that will be nice. I can finally use the weekends to get some much-needed tasks marked off my to-do list. Speaking of my to-do list, I decided to put one together for what I would like to accomplish by the end of the year, this way I can stay focused on some small goals rather than stressing myself out with the big picture of everything I'd like to get done. Here's what I've got planned:

TO DO BY 12/31/12

1. Paint Kitchen, Living & Upstairs Hallway {Gray} - All of these walls run together, you do one, you do them all...but I may break it up over a couple of days or weekends.
2. Christmas Decorating - Find accents to switch out in place of current accents
3. Finish Painting Wall Shelf from Goodwill & Hang
4. Make a Gallery Wall with the White Frames I've Bought
5. Book Nook for Boys
6. Organize Office/Play Room
7. Paint Boys' Rooms

I do hope to get a little more done, but I will consider myself a success if I can manage to do all of this.

Items 1 & 2 are first on my list {I generally decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving}. I have been perusing some color choices for the walls and I really like Colonial Revival Gray by Sherwin Williams:

via

 Here are some rooms I found that are painted with this color:

via

via

 Can't wait to finally have some free weekends to make some progress around here!



Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...