Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday Musings

Unfortunately, this was another work weekend for me...can you believe I was actually GRATEFUL for the time change because I got to sleep an extra hour before having to be at work by 5am on Sunday? I must say though, I'm not excited about the early sundowns to come.

While I was at work, handy hubby got to work on the next step in our kitchen makeover - the floors. This is what I came home to on Saturday:



All of that cement-looking stuff is the sticky paper underside of the linoleum that he tore up...we got unlucky that it didn't want to all come up together...so it was a bit of a process to scrape it off.

Here are a couple pictures of the tile we are going to install - I love it because it's a textured slate-like tile and will go so well with the black/white/gray backsplash we installed, as well as the black granite countertops. The best thing: It was completely FREE. Jake's dad had them extra from a job and gave them to us.







The next steps in the kitchen makeover process are painting the cabinets white and the walls a light gray. I can't wait to see it finished and share it here with all of you.

Sunday afternoon, we took advantage of the high 70s/low 80s weather and the boys and I headed to the play park for a little fun time to give Daddy some peace while he continued to work on the flooring {I had wanted him to take a break and come with, but he wanted to trudge through}.












Hope y'all had a great weekend! xoxo



Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...