Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Taking It Up A Notch

For some reason, I am unlike the norm and actually like to work my ass off throughout the fall and winter season. Don't get me wrong, I of course like to keep in shape for bikini season, but I feel like workout-wise, I am much better about it during the colder months. Must be due to the fact we don't actually do a lot during this time of year in terms of traveling and social things so I don't have a lot standing in my way? We have holiday parties and such, but really nothing too hectic.

I am training for my half marathon coming up in January, so that is definitely one way I'm kicking my own ass this winter. But I've decided I also want to take on Insanity again.



There are a few reasons why.

1. The obvious - to have a hot body. Yeah.

2. Anytime I've been doing Insanity, my running has benefited. I can run further, faster...it definitely increases my endurance.

3. Completing a 60-day round of it is on my Thirty Before 30 bucket list and as of today, I've got 5 months to go. Subtract 60 days from that and I really have to start within the next 3 months. I figure now is as good a time as any. {You will also see I then have completing a round of Insanity: The Asylum on that bucket list, which is a 30-day program, so really I have within the next 2 months to get going...so again, starting sooner than later is best!}

Have you ever taken on the Insanity challenge? You can purchase it here if you are interested in trying it. If you already have the workout, I encourage you to do it with me! I am starting today.

Here is the schedule if you need it:




And for the sake of it...here's what I'll call my "before" pictures {ever-wonderful and overexposing they are - but it's necessary for motivation and progress tracking}:









Forgive my hair, I had just run. And here are my stats for right now - will take measurements later this week:

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs

Wish me luck!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...