Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Musings {Breckin's Weekend}

I started off my Monday morning with quite the "bang". I was at the gym working the opening shift and about 10 min before 5am, when we open, I hit the fire alarm while consolidating the towel hampers and set it off. I. Was. Mortified. I had to call my manager and tell her, then of course I knew the fire dept. would show up any minute. And my 5am-regular-gym-rats were going to be heading up for their daily workout and I'd have to let them know I was an idiot. The firefighters showed up right about 5am and I had to bashfully tell them it was a false alarm. My face could have put a cherry to shame. They laughed it off and said I was to blame for them having to get up two hours early. But gosh, not the way I wanted to kick off the week! But atleast I got 20 min of elliptical time in before I started working...so I started it off alright fitness-wise. Ha!

ANYWAY....Tanner was off with his Nana and Papa having fun at Carowinds near Charlotte, NC this weekend. With Jake working most of Saturday, Breckin and I had a lot of one-on-one time, which was really nice. Those of you with more than one kiddo know how important it is to spend time with each of them separately. It's hard for Jake and me to get to do that with them, so I welcome the opportunity when it presents itself. Of course not just with Breckin, but Tanner too.

But this weekend was all about Breckin...getting to be with him...no big brother to pick on him and make him cry/whine/scream {gotta love sibling love/hate relationships}. It wasn't the nicest weekend weather-wise, so I took him to my friend, Allison's paint-your-own-pottery store and then he and I went on a mommy/son lunch date.




When Dad got home, we went out to Iacofanos for some good Italian.

On Sunday, Jake, Breckin and I went to church, then because it was Cinco de Mayo, we went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. After that, we headed downtown to the Children's Museum. 




It was a nice weekend. Tanner returned to us that evening - he had a blast at Carowinds and was so excited to tell us all about it. Then it was back to preparing for this week - laundry, bag lunches, etc.

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

I'm working in my office officially now...not from home...but I am all by myself for a few months...so I get to bring Sugar with me to keep me company. I'm lovin' this job!
Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader












2 comments:

K said...

I used to work in a pizza shop and one of the first things the manager told me was, "See this button here? NEVER push it. It's the silent alarm, the police will come, we'll get charged a ridiculous amount for setting a false alarm, and you'll get fired." And it was in such a horrible place that would be so easy to accidentally push! I was so paranoid the whole time I worked there...although I don't know if they would actually fire someone for an accident.

I love mommy/daughter dates. My girl feels so grown up, and it's nice to get out of the house just the two of us for something other than boring old errands!

Miranda {onestylishdayatatime} said...

What an eventful start to your week! Sounds like it turned out alright though - at least you got a visit from what I imagine were some very cute firefighters!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...