Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

I've been thinking lately {look out!} about how I've just turned 30 and how I've heard from some people that they literally had to start working out harder the minute they turned because their body instantly became stubborn it seemed. I feel like lately I've been pretty darn good about working out...lots of barre classes, started doing Spin again, and then my strength training sessions. But for some reason...I feel like I'm staying the same. Maybe that's just me? I hope so. But regardless, I'm not seeing the number on the scale budge much - though I know muscle weighs more than fat. But I don't like that to ever be my excuse! I also feel like my postpartum belly seems to not be as hard as it once was...so not OK with that...maybe I'm just crazy, or bloated this week. But it has been bothering me a lot the last couple of days.

Anyway, the belly thing got me thinking that I need to pump up the cardio {apparently Spin and elliptical are not enough?} and I realized I have done almost zero running this year. Sporadically at best. I'm not a "runner" per se, but usually by this time of year, I've got at least three 5Ks completed, and one 10K - the Cooper River Bridge Run. {But we all know I skipped out on that due to late night painting of the living room last month.} So how many have I done? Zero. Zilch. Nada. {Womp-Womp}


http://www.womenshealthmag.com/files/wh6_uploads/images/0904-begin-running.jpg
{source}

I also had a goal last year of running my first half marathon and I still need to do that. Obviously I need to train for that. I have my heart set on the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon in October, so that gives me just under 6 months - plenty of time if I use it right. Normally most training schedules are 12-16 weeks for a half marathon, but I think I want to get a head start. And I need to start getting some 5Ks done to help keep my motivation going. I did a search on www.active.com and my first 5K this year might be a Mother's Day run.

I also need to eat clean. I have been lax on that lately...I either eat too little or too much some days...I eat the wrong things even though I know better. As far as family dinners, I have tried hard to keep a menu going, getting most of my recipes from Skinny Taste, so at least there's that. But often times, our day gets hectic and my meal plans change last minute. I also need to get up earlier so I can make a good high-protein breakfast...and I need to pack a lunch and healthy snacks for days I go to the office. It's easier said than done, I know, but I've been good before - I can be good again.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgLJ1I9yrrHTiKh56mO2V6cgvhQhUre6mWVs4SbWoxeIQ-SWGIGd2N1Hqvv4RqQ6y1dqdlfoNxZdYiaoD9j6EGJy5TO73FQcU4UXu8txaWFTRoQkRHK7-DN6XEkSuerFeiZBRkfTDQSHbaQ/s1600/50-clean-eating-superfoods-.jpg
{source}

And then there's Andee from The Honeybee blog...who is just so disciplined with her eating {and stunningly gorgeous as well} and she just recently posted her one year post-partum body on her blog...she looks AMAZING. Puts all those postpartum ladies with nothin' but excuses to shame. Hell, I work hard and she put ME to shame. Though, after I had Tanner, I will admit, I snapped back quickly {WARNING: Blast from the past below}:

Post-Beach in May 2006 - 6 Months Postpartum

But after Baby #2, it got hard...and things were somewhat displaced. These are more recent pics of me, the first from the Target dressing room in March and the other from my Roxy photoshoot in February.





I know I don't look bad, but I look at it and think I could be better. I guess that's the way I am.
I don't want to make excuses because I could always be working harder than I have. So I'm not going to make any...I'm just going to set my goals...set my mind to them...and get it done.

To Be Continued!

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...