Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Half-Tuck

Zoe Saldana
{source}

I'll be honest. This is a look I just don't get. The half-tucked in shirt. If Zoe wasn't as gorgeous as she is and had the killer body she does...well, this would just look plain half-ass. {And it kind of still does.} She would've been better off just going all the way with it.

What do you think of this half-tucked trend? Do you like it? Hate it? Love it? Tried it?

{source}
{source}
http://www.fashionisingpictures.net/photoshoots/hennelihalftuckedleathershorts.jpg
{source}

To me, it sort of screams "walk of shame"...anyone else see it? Like you made a mad dash out of that one-night stand's apartment.

I say, if you're going to tuck it in - just go all the way. It just looks more polished, professional and pretty to me.

HAPPY DAZE photo | Kristin Cavallari
{source}
{source}
http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/originals/a0/45/dd/a045ddad28f9b864fe9771a5612cab84.jpg
{source}

ungaro3
{source}

Maybe it's the "mom" in me.

Disclaimer: If you rock the "half-tuck" and love it...by all means, go with it. This is my personal opinion and not an attack on half-tuckers. xoxo

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

6 comments:

?? said...

We did that in middle-high school when all the girls were self conscious of their bodies. I'm with you on this one!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

i am a big fan of the half tuck. Love Zoe Saldana's style!

Alissa said...

I am a big fan of the half tuck but ONLY when done right. This doesn't happen very often in my opinion so really I wish it would kind of stop.

Unknown said...

perfect way for a girl to look stylish in shirts by half tucked....
buy cuff online
http://www.linoperros.com

Sandy said...

I'm pretty meh about the half tuck. I think they do it so they don't look frumpy... it's like, "hey, I'm wearing this baggy top but don't worry, I'm still skinny... so I'll half tuck to prove it." You know what I mean?

Dyanne @ I Want Backsies said...

My 14 year old daughter can pull it off. I look like I forgot to finish tucking in my shirt after I went to the bathroom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...