Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Musings

How was y'all's weekend?

I had a sweet Mother's Day...♥

I was given the gift of sleeping in while Jake got the boys ready and they planned a cute little breakfast-in-bed menu for me. When I awoke, two very handsome little maître d's greeted me at my bedside with the handwritten menu and a "Happy Mother's Day!" These boys just make my heart melt.

Before we headed to church, I was given a coupon to have them wash my car. We opted to go to the 11am service, so they had time to get it done before we left. I don't know what got more wet - my car or the boys. They definitely had to be changed out of the soaking wet clothing before church!

I of course called my own mommy before we headed to church and the day got away from me.

After church, we had a nice lunch at a local Mexican restaurant, Rio Grande. I enjoyed a margarita of course. When we went home, I got a chance to take a little catnap while Jake and the boys did some yard work.

We then headed to the pool and then Jake made us some tilapia and veggies for dinner.

It may not sound like an amazing day, but it was so sweet and just what I needed - stress-free and full of love for mommy. I sure am going to miss Mother's Days like this when I'm an empty-nester in 16 years or so.

After all that, I went to the grocery store while Jake did the boys' nighttime routine. I know it sounds like a chore on Mother's Day, but it's kind of relaxing when it's sans kids.


I started reading some of the books on my reading wishlist...did what I said I would do and downloaded them on my Kindle. So far I've bought The Honest Life, The Happiness Project and Happier at Home. I've started on the first two and will definitely let you know what I think of them when I'm done.

In other news, I really want to brighten up our outdoor space. I'll definitely need new seating to go the direction I want to go. I love Cassie's use of color in hers for the Home Depot Challenge and in spirit of the change in color I have already done with my living room and kitchen, I thought, why not flow it on out the back door while I'm at it?

{source}

I've been looking around for similar rugs - in either color or pattern, but I can't seem to find any that were as good of a deal as the two she got at IKEA and sewed together. I'm in love with that pink and orange and at $9.99 per piece of rug, it's a steal. Sturdy and made for outdoors. I've just got to make the trip to Charlotte soon to snag them up.


Then the hunt for either some neutral cushions for my current patio set, or a new patio set altogether. Maybe there's a way I could recover mine? My current set's cushions are brown and blue and I'm kinda over that combo. Plus it's a tad sun-faded now anyway, so it's kind of like I have to replace them. Right? Hubby might disagree, but oh well.

Well, that's all I have for this Monday...hope y'all have an awesome week! xoxo


Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...