Friday, April 1, 2011

Our Mommy/Son Date

Tanner was an only child for almost 5 years. During that time, our world revolved around him. He has always loved getting attention and had no problem getting it whenever he wanted.

When I found out I was pregnant, I was elated, as we had been trying to conceive for about 3 months. However, one of my first thoughts was of Tanner, and how he would cope with a new sibling in his life. No longer always being the center of attention, the only child. From what I knew about his love for attention, I had figured we had a lot of jealous episodes to come.

Enter Breckin.

It's all about Breckin...we're on his clock, his feeding and sleeping schedule. We can't always go places or stay at some places very long depending on his mood. When he cries, he gets the attention right away...even if it means stopping whatever we're doing with Tanner at that moment to see what he's crying for. And you know what?

Tanner hasn't shown a bit of jealousy. He is such a good big brother. He is all about Breckin. He always says how he loves him, tries to make him laugh and he is so proud to announce him as his little brother to everyone. He helps when asked and at five years of age, seems to understand that babies have needs and that we need to tend to them when they cry...he doesn't get angry about it.

It has been almost 8 months since Tanner became a big brother...and it's been that long since he's had me all to himself. So when I heard Mickey Mouse was coming to town, I knew that it would be the perfect way to show him how much I love him and be time with just him and me. We went last night and I surprised him with it. He loved it so much and it was such a wonderful bonding experience with him. It was so sweet to see him so happy and I hope that it made him feel special and loved. Here are some pictures of our date night:












No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...