Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Musings

This weekend has been crazy...and by crazy I mean sort of a roller coaster of emotions. It started with Friday, having to be at Boeing employee orientation all day, simultaneously waiting to hear back from our counteroffer for the sale of our house. Unfortunately, as perfect as the situation seemed, the buyer did not accept our counteroffer and decided to move on. I felt defeated {and pretty much just emotionally and physically exhausted over what I'd been through in the last few weeks with preparing and listing this house} and really worried that we may be looking down the barrel at having two mortgages for an indefinite amount of time beginning in September when we closed on our new house. Had we been too bold in our decision to put an offer on our dream home while still not having ours under contract to be sold?

Then something amazing happened...we had a showing Friday night and then heard late on Saturday that they had issued an offer.

But let me preface this with a little story. I have a friend on Facebook that once worked in the same organization with me at Boeing when I worked there a couple years ago. We knew each other mostly in passing as we never directly worked with each other, but we knew each other enough and eventually became Facebook friends. So anyway, on Saturday at some point, I see a post of his in my News Feed, which I really do not usually see posts from him, so that was random. It said something along the lines of "This buying a house stuff is ridiculous." He had posted it late Friday night. I jokingly decided to comment, "SELLING a house is ridiculous. Come look at mine!" and "It's close to BOEING!!!"

Turns out, he had already looked at my house {he was the one on Friday night}...I found this out when we got the offer back and it had his name on it. I was like "Whhaaaaaa????!!!!" No way. We countered back what we thought was a fair meet in the middle and he accepted. Contract ratified...I am so happy...and I know he and his wife are happy to own their first home together soon. It is a small world...he said he had laughed when he walked in and saw my family pictures everywhere.

So a big relief for us...we are closing on ours the day after we close on our new home. I am just in awe of how the stars seemed to align for us in this. It seems surreal. But I am so thankful. So of course I let him know to tell his wife about the neighborhood wine night and also that we are moving in the neighborhood just behind them {wine club encompasses both neighborhoods} and will still be like neighbors. Happy to make them feel welcome in the neighborhood.


Anyway, today I am at Boeing again for my 2nd and final day of orientation...tomorrow I will officially start my new position. It's funny having to do orientation even though my contractor status has been a cumulative of almost two years, so I pretty much know all I need to know. But it's process, so it is what it is. I am just eager to get started in my new role!

I look back at this year and I honestly can't believe how much change has come upon us in such a short time. The opportunity to work back at Boeing and then that ending up in landing a permanent position...then that spurring us to put our house on the market since the market had come back up and we could afford a bigger house...to us finding our perfect house for our family...I just truly can't believe it all...it has been a whirlwind six months. Seriously, pinch me.

Have a great week y'all....xoxo

facebooktwitterrsspinterestbloglovingoogleplus
Follow

Linking Up With:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...