Friday, July 31, 2015

Five on Friday



I know I say this every week...but this week has been a blur. They are all definitely like that lately. I honestly can't wait for when I can say, "Well, not much went on this week."

Anyway, we're moving along in the home selling and buying process...just basically waiting on me to get my 30 days worth of pay stubs in my new position with my new salary and then we are good to close on schedule on September 15th.

Here are my five random thoughts for this week...

{one}
I packed a good bit away into storage when we listed the house, but now I've got to actually look at really PACKING and the thought of it has me overwhelmed. I need some good tips. I can't decide whether to go by room or like items...I'm thinking by room...but I am scouring Pinterest like a mad woman to find any and every good tip to make this process smoother/easier/efficient. I've been collecting boxes as I can and I'll probably spend a good portion of this weekend throwing away a lot of things. Here are some of my favorite packing tips I've found so far that I will definitely use.


The fastest way to pack a closet. This also keeps your clothes on their hangers, for much faster unpacking. Hang in closet when you arrive and tear off the bag and you are done! This would also work for off season storage.
This is perfect and will make it so easy to just
hang everything back up. Tear off the bag and go!

I want to move, just so I can do this! From: http://www.designmom.com/2013/07/living-well-6-secrets-for-a-smooth-move/
I started doing this one already when I was
putting boxes in storage.{tw

{two}
I had my job orientation last Friday and Monday and on Tuesday I was finally sitting in my desk. It's been an interesting week. My boss is actually out of town this week and next, so he's left me a list of to-do's...basically just talking to a few key people in the organization about what they do and where I will fit in. So it's been somewhat of a lax week, but still busy trying to take it all in.


{three}
I feel like all the stress and busy-ness of the last few weeks has gotten me seriously off track fitness-wise. I'm definitely not feeling like myself...and of course, not working out only makes me more stressed. I think I've found that I can squeeze in the gym right after work and I'm going to do that. The 4am thing was just wearing me too thin because I can't seem to get to bed before 10pm most nights. I also can't wait until school is back in session for the kids because it just makes it SO much easier. And not to mention, it's a lot nicer to run in fall weather.


{four}
Despite not being so good about working out lately, I have been good about meal prepping and clean eating. I figure that's actually the most important factor, so if that's on track, I'm not too shabby. I'm not perfect...man, if I could give up wine, who knows what I could accomplish?! Haha, like that's ever going to happen.



{five}
I've got nothin'. I'm exhausted. Have a great weekend!


facebooktwitterrsspinterestbloglovingoogleplus
Follow

Linking Up With:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...