Saturday, August 7, 2010

39 Weeks Today...party time?

I am 39 weeks pregnant today...and hubby wants me to go to a birthday party at a friends' house. It's not that I don't WANT to go, it's just that I don't want to go. If you think about it, it makes sense.

I feel like how a mother dog feels when she's about to give birth...she goes and finds a hiding spot to have privacy and doesn't want to be seen until afterward. I totally hibernated in my house today...I mean, I cleaned (nested) and all, but seriously, I spent the whole day in yoga pants and a tank top and NO MAKEUP. It was liberating. I want to spend every day like this until Breckin is here!

So I just got off the phone with Jake and he has already made the babysitter (in-laws) arrangements for Tanner for a little while tonight...so now it's like I HAVE to go...I guess it's just for a couple hours, but now I have to get dressed (in yucky maternity clothes), put makeup on and then go to a party where everyone is drinking, having a good time and looking great while I'll probably be sitting on the couch looking like a fat cow sipping on my water. Woop woop.

Wow, when did I become such a party-pooper? What a 360 from just a year ago. Hopefully I'll be feeling back to my old self soon.

So I guess for tonight, I'll suck it up...but believe me, tomorrow it's yoga pants and no makeup!

JB & Kari - I apologize greatly in advance if my water breaks at your house!

*Update - I did go into labor tonight, thankfully AFTER we got home from the party!

Friends/Family - if you would like any of the pictures you see of us on the blog, please just right-click on the image and save it to your computer. You are welcome to print at your leisure! They are all high-pixel images. If you do not know my family or me, you probably shouldn't right-click/save or print any of our images. Just saying.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...