Thursday, March 24, 2011

Love Is A Two-Way Street

OK, Ladies...if someone asked you right now what most annoys you about your husband or significant other, most of you would be thinking the same thing right now:

"How do I choose just one thing and where do I begin?"

I know that I'm one that often gets annoyed by my husband's habits. I've tried and tried and tried to change him...or rather, mold him into a better version of himself (after all, I do love him). He constantly messes up the kitchen (especially after I've just cleaned it - as if he didn't even notice that I had cleaned it) and of course, never cleans up after he's done. He leaves dirty clothes in the bathroom after he sheds them off for his shower, or he leaves them on our bedroom floor when the hamper is right there in our closet not more than 10 feet away. He farts...in front of me...and laughs. He never puts his bathroom items away after getting ready for work...cluttering the already tiny one-person vanity we have - it never stays tidy and clean. I could go on and on...and on.

But wait, does this mean that I think I'm perfect?

Absolutely not.

My husband puts up with me in ways I never dreamed a man ever could. He deals with my quirks and actually embraces most of them. Many of those quirks drive him crazy, but he's let me know he wouldn't have it any other way. It's what makes me me. It's all a part of the package he fell in love with.

What would I say is probably the most annoying thing that I do according to him?

I stress. I stress about everything. It's actually as if I need to stress about something to actually function and get anything done. The stressing is also normally accompanied by my rapidly-fraying short fuse. I stress any time we have to get ready to go somewhere. I've got to get the kids ready, make sure we have all of their things, etc. while simulaneously trying to put myself together in a way that comes off as "put together"...as if I always have everything under control. I am constantly trying to portray that image. I want to be thought of as the mom that always has everything she needs when she needs it...the mom whose life is perfectly in balance - the chores are always done, the house is always clean, my kids are always healthy and happy, all the while holding down a full-time job and other side projects. Organized, never forgetful of appointments, play dates, or baseball practices and the like. So in trying to be this wonderfully organized and put together mom (not to mention, the mom that always finds a way to hit the gym or workout somehow), I am (ironically) rather frazzled and chaotic. Between working full-time, building a cleaning business, raising a 5-year old and 7-month old, being a wife, trying to maintain the household (and my figure) - I tend to find there really is never enough time to truly have everything done...and what do I do when things are seemingly out of my control? I stress. Badly. I blow up at my hubby and vent or just take it all out on him. (But c'mon, it's usually after he's just messed up the one room I managed to get clean today.)

If only he realized it really isn't always about what I end up getting upset at him for...he doesn't quite understand all of the above and why I'm constantly stressed out, but regardless, he embraces it...and me.

I guess I can learn to live with all the things he does that annoy me since he does put up with me so well too. ☺

*Today, I've linked up with Mama Kat at www.mamakatslosinit.com. This is part of her weekly writing prompts for bloggers.*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...