Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's Been 2012 for TWO WEEKS?!

It is January 14th. It has already been two weeks since ringing in the New Year. Why does time keep flying by?

I've spent this last couple weeks in a blur of work and household organizing. I've spent 60 hours a week at work each week...(I know, where the heck do I find the time to blog?) And I've got so many other household projects going on that I'm trying to keep up and chronicle on my other blog - A Bright Idea. (Psst...you should go check it out...I've redesigned it and I'm so happy with it.) I've been tearing out closets, rearranging furniture, refinishing furniture, rummaging stores for great deals on cute organizational items and tools, clearing out the clutter and donating to Goodwill...I don't think I've stopped to breathe in quite some time.

The boys are also keeping me busy as usual...Tanner's working on reading and math and we're helping him every evening with that. (I thought you got to stop doing homework once you graduated? Apparently that goes out the window when you have school-age kids.) Breckin, well, he's just a little firecracker...and he's always all over the place. I've always got my eyes and ears open for the next bit of mischief he tries to get into. He's talking so much...his daycare teacher thinks he's very advanced in his speaking (good news, since he took forever to get walking! We were worried for a while there....just kidding.) But at 17 months, he can say all of his daycare playmates' names, he constantly tries to repeat things that Jake and I say and he's always in babble mode regardless of whether or not we can really understand any of it. He's just a bundle of laughter - we're so lucky to have such a happy baby. I can still call him a baby at 17 months, right? Well, either way, I'm going to.

It really doesn't seem like things will be slowing down any time soon. I've got major projects on the brain, Tanner starts baseball soon, Jake and I have decided to start a 60-day round of Insanity together next week, family pictures are just around the corner and before I know it, it's going to be summertime and we'll be beach-bound just about every weekend from May to September. But 2012 is the year I'm going to stay motivated and get things accomplished...an organized, healthy, fit and happy life...that's what it's going to be!

How's your New Year treating you so far? How's that list of resolutions going?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...