Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What Is Old Can Be New Again {Front Porch Bistro}

I let y'all know yesterday that I have begun working on redecorating our front porch. Let me show you the first piece that kicked off the redo.

I got this bistro table off of a Facebook group of local mommies looking to sell their stuff. A Craigslist of sorts, but much less creepy.





Yep, obviously a little used and rusty. But for $10, I thought it was worth it. It came with a round glass top that I took off before taking the pics.

First step was to take a damp washcloth and clean off all the dirt and grime. Then, I added coat of spray primer. I used Krylon's spray paint primer. I let that dry and then added another coat. I let that dry and harden overnight. The next day, I spray-painted it yellow. Again, Krylon brand. I believe it was called Sunshine or something like that. I don't have my cans anymore since I used up the rest that I had. I let that cure overnight again and then I was able to put her in her new spot on the front porch.

This is the final piece:




Not too shabby, huh? I am still in work on decorating the rest of the porch and can't wait to reveal it to you soon!

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...