Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pregnancy Questionnaire


How did you find out you were pregnant?  I always have a sense of just knowing, so I always find out extremely early since I start testing as soon as the test says it will work. With each child, I got my positive within 2 weeks from ovulation.
What kind of Pregnancy test did you take?  First Response I believe, or the generic version of that. I also had a couple dollar store ones {those are actually pretty good tests!}
How many?  In total, including my doc's test...I believe 6.
What were your 1st symptoms?  I think it was probably "the girls" being over-sensitive.
Who did you tell first?  My husband
Who was with you when you found out?  Jake, sort of. I took the test in the bathroom. He didn't know I was taking it. 
My 1st reaction:  I think I was a little apprehensive...I'm a thinker, so of course the thought of a 3rd child and what that meant for our finances popped into my mind. I was happy too, but it was overall a large mix of different emotions.
Was your baby planned?  No, we were still in that "up in the air" stage as to whether we wanted any more kids. I was also scared to have a third boy, so wasn't sure I wanted to try for a girl. 
When was the baby conceived?  Aug 22. One single oops in our pregnancy prevention method.
How far were you when you found out?  Gestationally, I was a day shy of 4 weeks, but I found out September 4th for certain at the doc's office, so that was 12 days from the deed that did it.
How did your parents react?  They weren't all happy-crazy {it is our 3rd after all}, just said their "congrats" and asked if we'd been trying.
How did you announce to "the world"? After we told the immediate family, we announced on Facebook and my blog with this photo:

My baby
Due Date:  5.15.14
Do you know the sex?  Wasn't trying, and I got my GIRL.
Any names?  Yes, we have a name picked out. Keeping it under wraps until she's born.
Any Ultrasounds? One at 9 weeks, a gender scan {that I paid for} at 16 weeks and our anatomy scan at 19 weeks.
Have you heard the heart beat?  I hear it at every appt. She's consistently been in the high 130s/low 140s.
Who do you think it will look like? I'm actually at a loss for this one. I think she will look similar to my boys in a sibling way, but I'm really hoping she gets the dark black/brown hair that my parents and younger brother have, my blue eyes and Jake's tan skin tone.
Will the baby have siblings?  Tanner, 8 and Breckin, 3. Also our Boston Bulldog, Sugar.
Have you felt the baby move?  She moves a lot...I feel she is awake more than she sleeps.
Miscellaneous
Did you have morning sickness?  Not really. I would get slight nausea and dizziness that was cured by me just getting something on my stomach. I've been that way with all of my pregnancies.
Did you have any cravings?  Mexican food, mac-n-cheese, Skittles - all things that are bad.
Did you have any mood swings?  I do feel I'm more emotional in this pregnancy...easily frustrated and angered.
Are you a high risk pregnancy?  No.
Any complications?  Not at this time....and hopefully never!
Formula or Breastfeeding?  I'm going to try breastfeeding again. I made it 4 weeks with Tanner and 7-8 weeks with Breckin. I really want to make it a lot longer this time.
Have you bought anything for the baby yet?  She has just about everything she needs, with the exception of a swing and a few minor things. I have my baby shower next weekend, so we'll see after that.
When did you start to show?  Way too early. Probably as early as 8-10 weeks I was getting a little pudgy. The 3rd just gets right out there and down to business.
{12 Weeks, 1 Day}

How long could you wear your regular clothes?  For a while, but eventually I chose maternity purely for comfort's sake - at least the jeans.
Will you keep the baby’s clothes?  No, this is our last baby.
Home or Hospital?  Hospital. 
Natural or Medicated birth?  I held out until 9.5cm with Breckin before they were finally able to get me my epidural. It was very painful and intense, but I know I can make it that far. I'd like to see it all the way through without the epidural, but I also like the more relaxed feeling I get when I have the epidural...so we'll see.
Who will be in the delivery room with you?  Jake, Doc and nurses.
Do you think you will need a C-section?  No. I've had two easily successful vaginal births, so I have no reason not to expect the same with this one. 
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the 1st time? I honestly don't think I ever have...I'm not heartless, but my emotions swing the other way...just happy, and a little tired/overwhelmed. I've never been much of a crier in general.
What’s the 1st thing you might say to the baby?  I haven't ever really thought about that.
Will you let anyone video tape the birth?  No.
Are you excited?  Nervous-Excited. Our lives are going to be going through a lot of changes once she arrives.
Who will help you with the baby after the birth?  I really don't know. My mom doesn't live near us. I think once Jake goes back to work after a couple days, I will be on my own!
What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?  To be honest, I really don't like being pregnant. This is my 3rd, so I'm really not enjoying it and I'm eagerly awaiting for the end. Feeling the baby move is the only cool thing about it to me. Everything else just plain sucks.
What is the worst thing about being pregnant? For me, it's gaining weight and having to start all over again on my body afterward.
What’s one thing you miss doing since being pregnant?  Drinking socially and stylish outfits. I try with maternity clothes, but it's really just not flattering no matter what I do.
Any days you wish you were not pregnant?  In the sense that I could have my body back, yes, everyday. In the sense that I really want this little girl I'm cookin', no.
Are you ready for a baby?  This is as ready as I'm going to get...I sort of know by now what's to come. The only thing right now is that we just listed our house for sale, so there's a little chance we may be moving when I'm due, or shortly after I have her, so that's going to be a little crazy and stressful, but we will survive.
Do you have insurance?  Yes.
How many kids do you want?  This is #3 and this is it.
Do you talk to the baby?  Not really...I mostly just rub her when she moves around...and I know she hears my car concerts.
Do you still feel attractive?  No, I'm two months from my due date and I'm huge.
{29 Weeks}

Have you had your baby shower yet?  No, it is March 15th.
Do you like kids?  I love my kids {and sometimes don't really like them at the same time, lol}, but in general, I do like other people's kids, however, now that I have my own, I'm not as apt to want to hold other people's kids or deal with them, if that makes sense. I'm already tired and busy with my own! But I think kids are great, I've had many jobs that centered around working with them, even special needs ones. 
How far along are you now?  30 weeks today...almost eviction time.


Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...