Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekending / Monday Musings

Happy Thanksgiving week, y'all! Some of your little ones may be off of school this week. Tanner has to go today and tomorrow...and then we're off to Myrtle Beach tomorrow evening! I've been looking forward to this trip - I think all the little cousins will have a blast! As far as kids, we will have 5 total in the house, a 9yo {Tanner}, a 5yo {cousin Chase}, a 4yo {Breckin}, 22mo {cousin Peyton} and a 6mo {Farrah}.

Last night we decorated the Christmas tree! {I showed it to you last week when I had already put all the decorative ornament balls up, but now we've got all the family ornaments up. We did our usual tradition of classic Christmas music, egg nog and cookies. The kids loved it.


Of course we also needed a good yule log going...



Farrah was in on the fun too, of course!


I love this time of year...the house is just so heartwarming when it's decorated for Christmas.

I spent some time {finally} cleaning up my catch-all office. I found the pictures I had colored from Farrah's personalized coloring book {it took me forever to color these!} that I had intended on framing and putting in her nursery. I found some frames in the garage that I bought at Goodwill a while ago and put them together. I love how they turned out...very 70s looking...a lot like her nursery! I will show you the wall collage when it's done.


Jake and I had a nice night out on our 7th anniversary Saturday. We tried a new bar and grill called The Black Sheep in Mount Pleasant which was a really cool little bar. I loved the atmosphere. The food was pretty good too. We then capped the night off at another little bar called My Father's Moustache. I had to get a picture of the drinks we ordered there when I realized it was the same drinks we were drinking when we met 10 years ago!



Jake had also surprised me by booking a 90-minute massage for me earlier that day at Glowspa. It was sooooo nice. He knew I needed to de-stress and I'd been complaining about soreness for a while.

I may or may not be around on the blog this week as we'll be out of town Tuesday eve through Sunday, but I plan on bringing my laptop, so you never know! Regardless, I hope y'all have a VERY happy Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...