Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday Five

It's been a pretty nice week, I have to say. It got a bit chillier here in Charleston, but that's always expected right about now to get our little "January freeze". I can't believe in just a couple months we will already be looking at spring weather {hopefully!} I'm definitely ready to play outside more with the kids.

Anyway, on with my five...

{one}

We started off the week with a free bushel of oysters! Jake called me and said not to make dinner, he'd be bringing these home to roast.


We had just roasted oysters at our NYE party, but I'm always game for some oysters. Tanner wasn't really a fan, but he was really good at opening them. Breckin LOVED them and kept wanting more. It was nice to start off the week with a pretty healthy meal.

{two}

Remember that Free People flowy top I did an outfit post with a couple months ago? Well, while my mom and I were doing some day after Christmas shopping, I saw them in Belk and fell in love with it in this color...had to have it, knowing I just loved the fit of it. I posted a pic on my Instagram this week asking if it was better with scarf or without. More liked it with the scarf, but I of course will rock it both ways...the scarf is great for right now.

{three}

I've taken my fitness up another notch...not only am I doing Body Beast, but I am also doing the Insanity program simultaneously! Am I crazy? Yes, but I've accepted it...and I roll with it. I started on Tuesday, but I am not hating it...I actually feel awesome. Body Beast is an amazing program, but I really feel the need to keep my cardio in high gear too... and since Body Beast is primarily weight training {there is only one cardio day each week}, I just feel I would benefit from adding in the HIIT workouts from Insanity. I'm determined to blast through this last 10 lbs of pregnancy weight! Seriously, I'm in Charleston...beach season starts in April here...sometimes earlier. It will be here before I know it.

There are actually a lot of hybrid schedules out there for the two already, but I am doing 6 days on, 1 day rest with both of them...Body Beast in the AM and Insanity in the PM. I do still go to my HIIT class and barre classes at the gym as well.


{four}

This sweet girl is 8 months today...I can't believe how fast time is flying. I suppose I knew it would. Two-thirds of her first year...passed. Wow. I have only four months to plan the most spectacular rainbow-themed birthday party for her! {Yes, I'm that mom that has already known the theme I was going to do for her first birthday...but hey, she's my first girl and my last baby.}


{five}

I took down Christmas and spruced up our front and back porches. I still need new flowers in the pots...but it is January and I just don't have the motivation for gardening until March. I finally found cushions that would somewhat fit the set we have {they discontinued all of the replacement cushions on it!}

Here is the front porch {where I love to enjoy a glass of wine in the evenings when it's warmer and still light outside}:


And the back deck:


I got the long slatted bench for only $40 off our local Facebook mom exchange...glad to have something that doesn't require cushions since we have no cover from sun or rain out there {we had already been through THREE sets of cushions on ours in 6 years...so I need to be good about pulling these chair cushions in when it rains now. This is why I placed the couch part of the set on the front porch.} I got the round glass table for FREE - one of my neighbors posted a curb alert and I dashed over there to get it. We had a table that went with out set, but my sweet little 4yo son took a metal bat to it while playing and it shattered! God, I love my boys, but dang.

Anyway, have a great weekend!




Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...