Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Musings & Baby Cold Remedy Recommendations

Happy Monday, y'all!

I'm starting my 3rd week of work and I'm finally starting to feel like we're getting a schedule down...and my internal clock is now waking me up naturally around 4:30am {even on weekends, but I hit my internal snooze button when that happens}. The first couple weeks were rough, getting the kids on a new schedule as well as myself, and it didn't help that my little Farrah has been sick. She was a lot more needy for me because of it, so it didn't help that it was right at the time she was starting to go to daycare and wouldn't see me all day anymore. She stayed home last Monday and Thursday, so I had to work from home on Thursday {so thankful my job can be done from home when necessary!} This weekend, she finally was showing signs of life again {a.k.a. being back to her cheerful, sweet little self}...even though she's still a little congested, she was much happier and playful.


I hit up Target this weekend for anything and everything that will help her through the last of this cold. I found a few things that I didn't even know they had for infants...they are homeopathic and so far, work pretty great. If you have kids, you might already know about Hyland's Teething Tablets. Farrah LOVES those so much more than the Orajel. So when I found in the cold section that they also make Tiny Cold Tablets, I knew they would be something she would happily take. {She likes to use her good ol' gag reflex when I give her liquid medicine sometimes, and it's caused her to lose her meal more than once :-( }

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/en_US/images/ItemImages_SW/images_Xl/HY180_Xl.jpg

Another thing I got is Zarbee's Cough Syrup + Mucus Reducer. This actually seemed to dry her up for a while! Her nose had been running non-stop for like two weeks!

http://images.iherb.com/l/ZAR-00267-3.jpg

And of course, she's been getting her nose wiped so much lately that the poor thing has some irritated skin around her nose and mouth...and she cries every time we go to wipe her. So I went and picked up something I used to use with Breckin that I loved - Boogie Wipes. She actually lets me clean her up now without crying. They are saline wipes, so they aren't as harsh on her skin.

http://www.dustinnikkimommyofthree.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/18868_233310128387_50764308387_3394857_448411_n.jpg

For good measure, I also purchased her a cool mist humidifier a few days ago and I can tell it has made a huge difference for her congestion at night. I got this one at Wal-Mart. I love it because it is quiet and works great. I've had no leakage issues with it.

https://www.vickshumidifiers.com/images/productshots/regular/38da8a9e75492a3ecc819a53c04ebe1f.jpg
So if all of this doesn't knock this cold completely out, or at least keep her comfortable while she fights off the rest of it, I don't know what will! I just desperately wanted my baby girl to feel better and be back to her old self again. Now that she's at daycare, I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more illness come home with her, so it's good that I'm stocked up and prepared. I should also be getting my Young Living essential oils kit soon and plan to diffuse some Thieves for her to see if it helps.

Since Sunday was such a beautiful day {high 60's/low 70s!} I decided to take advantage of it by getting a run in...I had mentioned before that I wanted to start adding this back into my routine as more of a regular thing. It was a little rough and definitely nowhere near my best, but I'm glad I pulled through. I've got some 5Ks and a 10K coming up soon, so I've really needed to get back into it.


Other than that, the weekend was full of laundry, grocery shopping and meal prep for the week. Glamorous, I know. Have a great week!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...