Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Little Monday Musings For Your Tuesday

It's Tuesday and due to the probability of some ice...my kids are out of school and daycare today {yes, really...that's the South for you.} I am doing a little bit of work from home, but mostly I'm off since it's a bit hard to juggle working from home when you have three kids to watch too. It's not going to be too freezing cold today, so hopefully I can kick my rambunctious boys outside for a little while. {Kids really need to spend more time outdoors!} And other than that, I get a head start on some chores that I would otherwise be spending my weekend doing...so it's nice in that aspect.

So here's something fun...my husband decided to demolish {well, not completely} our bathroom this weekend...without consulting me so I could at least get my makeup and things moved into our guest bathroom. Love ya, Hubby, but seriously? Heads up would have been nice.


The project itself is not random; it is something we've discussed doing for years. We are replacing the floor and removing the "privacy" {that's a stretch} wall between the vanity and toilet to make room for a larger vanity with two sinks. I took the kids to a friend's house for a few hours and when I came back, the little wall was gone, the flooring was all torn out and the toilet was in the bathtub. Gotta love a hardworking man. I'm not sure how long this will all take with him working full-time and all, but I will be sure to show you the finished product when it's ready.

Saturday night was nice, we got out for a little date night...nothing fancy, just dinner and drinks, but uninterrupted conversation with my husband is always nice.



That there is a cucumber jalapeno margarita and it is DELICIOUS. I had two.

I had a rough week last week as far as workouts go...but I got back going with Insanity on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Today it's on the docket as well. I love that I can actually do it whenever I want today, rather than just being held to 4:30am or 7:30pm...neither are my favorite time for working out, which I think has been part of the issue lately...starting back at work has definitely made fitting in workouts a challenge...if I miss my few opportune times to do it, then I just miss it. It's really requiring a lot more mental focus and determination now...spring is very close and beach season is right around the corner.

Speaking of the beach, I did get a cute little bikini with my Valentine's Day giftcard...something to motivate me to get in tip-top shape:

https://dm.victoriassecret.com/product/760x1013/V314768.jpg
{via}
And I received my workout wear from them yesterday too...more motivation for fitness. I just love new workout clothes.

https://dm.victoriassecret.com/product/760x1013/V425903_OM_B.jpg
{via}
https://dm.victoriassecret.com/product/760x1013/V418521_OM_F.jpg
{via}
These are perfect for running...and speaking of running, I've got a 5K in just a couple weeks! It's a St. Patty's Day run...doing it with some friends. And the Cooper River Bridge 10K is in just over a month. I need to step up my running game in a few short weeks.

Hope y'all have a wonderful week!


Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...