Friday, May 22, 2015

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! Hopefully most of you are in for a fun, long holiday weekend! I don't have much planned other than Jake will be taking the boys fishing with his dad, brother and our nephew all weekend, so it's just Farrah and me! {Is it bad that I'm totally OK with that?} On the docket is my neighborhood wine night tonight and I'm definitely thinking of hitting the beach tomorrow with Farrah...maybe Sunday too! I do also plan to take advantage of the practically empty house and get some things done around here.

Here are my five for this week!

{one}

I sold my double jogging stroller this week and purchased a single. I was a little sad because when I decided that I'd need a double this time around, it's because I knew I would be home all day with Breckin and an infant Farrah, and we'd really need to be able to get out of the house and into the fresh air, plus, I had wanted to start working on losing that baby weight, pronto. I loved our walks/runs...and I loved being home with them. I will always cherish and remember those times with them.


But now, I'm working, so my running time is in the evenings when Jake is home to help, so I no longer need to take both of them with me. It was time to get a single. I ordered basically the single version of the double I had because I loved it so much. And they had it in pink!

Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller, Bubble Gum
Baby Trend Expedition Jogging Stroller
It should show up on Tuesday. I'm way eager to get back out running more.

{two}

Last Sunday at the beach, I got soooooo burnt on my legs {forgot to apply the sunscreen there}. Well, I will say I didn't forget, the plan was to give them about 30 min in the sun because they are hard to get color on and then apply sunscreen. Well, then I forgot.

As I'm beginning to fall more and more in love with my essential oils, I find that I'm reaching to them more when I have an ailment. I applied a few drops of lavender mixed into coconut oil and rubbed on both legs. I did this for a few nights and it took a lot of the initial stinging pain away as well as kept me from peeling. The redness is mostly gone now too. And bonus: soft skin! What I love about lavender is that it's so versatile...this same mix being on my legs at night, also helped me get a good night's rest!


If you're interested in hearing more about Young Living essential oils, send me a message!

{three}

I don't believe I've shared these here yet, but I got the cutest pictures of Breckin and Farrah from their daycare picture day. Breckin was quite the little ham for his, I was so impressed with how photogenic he is! Farrah could have smiled...she looks like she has no idea what is going on.







And of course, his graduation one:


Just love them!

{four}

I've been awful this week with workouts. It has just been one of those weeks. Not the end of the world, but certainly not a week I'm proud of in terms of fitness. My painful sunburn put me out as far as leg workouts earlier in the week. I feel like I'm so behind on Body Beast that I might as well start over. Which I think is the plan. I think between Body Beast and running with Farrah in the evenings, I'll be good. I'm looking forward to having our nightly jog before she goes to bed...we don't have the bottles anymore, so it will be something that hopefully soothes her and gets her tired for bedtime.

{five}

I don't have much else other than to say, have a fun holiday weekend! But please do remember what it's really about.



Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...