Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dear Santa (I've Been So Very Good...)

Dear Santa,

You know what I'd really like this year?

Actually, I should probably preface each item by telling you how extremely good and obedient I've been this year.

For starters, I exercised. I exercised A LOT. I participated in seven 5K races (which by default means I also donated to charities that same amount).. I went to the gym countless times. I did the Insanity workout...MANY times. I did all of this so I could ask for a wine refridgerator, stocked full of wine. So please, add this to my list - hint: I'm a fan of reds. (I'll also need the P90X 2 set...for the New Year.) 

I kept my house clean and organized (for the most part). I regularly sorted through things - donated to Goodwill, had a garage sale and trashed what could not be sold or given away. I kept up with seasonal decor, even going the extra mile by trying new things, adding special touches and taking on DIY projects. So Santa, for this good behavior, I'm asking for a new vacuum (let's just say mine's had it). A Dyson would be preferable.

I also worked a lot. I held a full-time job and worked overtime as needed. I even cleaned houses in addition to that. And more importantly, I still made the time to be a great mother to my children because that comes first. I went to Tanner's baseball practices and games, school events, took them both to doctor's appointments, had playdates, etc...and more importantly, I made it to all of these things ON TIME. I packed lunches with little notes for Tanner because he's learning to read...notes such as "Tanner, Your Mommy Loves You." I made sure Tanner's backpack and Breckin's daycare bag had everything they needed each day. I was a Room Mom for Kindergarten. I read bedtime stories, played games, planned and threw big birthday parties...and much more that could never be summed up in one small paragraph. So for all this, I'm asking for a nap. One really good one...three hours at least.

I realize you're quite busy, but I'd be so ever grateful if you could find the time to at least read and consider my list. I know you can't get every thing for everyone...so....

Please Santa, if nothing else, give me a nap.
Photobucket Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS Feed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...