Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Boys' Shared Room Reveal

This post has been long-promised, I know.

Let me start off by saying that consolidating two boys' rooms into one while trying to keep things uncluttered and unstuffed is no easy task. I knew bunk beds were a must for this situation, so we found this great set at Walmart. I wanted the twin-over-full so that we could still use the same bedding and not have to buy another twin set.




Luckily, the boys' color schemes in their rooms were fairly similar, so most of the accessories went well together. Tanner's room had been more nautical/surf themed with red and navy being the main colors, while Breckin's was mix of navy, orange, brown, green and light blue.




As you can see below, the navy cubby shelf from Tanner's room worked perfectly for this space, however, the coordinating baskets for holding toys are red and navy. I do plan to spray paint the red ones orange soon, so that it ties in better. At least that accessory is an easy fix. I really do love those baskets and didn't want to get rid of them for something as trivial as color.






The desk fit just right in the corner by the bed. There is still plenty of room to pull the chair out and get in there. Tanner actually loves to set up his Legos over here when he's playing with them - it seems to be his "spot". Again, those red accessories on the right side can, and will, be easily spray-painted orange. You can see the "B" monogram I made for Breckin...if you remember, I also had one in Tanner's room, but I will be taking it apart soon and making the colors jive more with this room's scheme so I can display it as well. The red "T" will be painted the same orange as the "B".




This area of the room is just more toy storage and their clothes dresser of course. I was able to go through much of the clothing, store seasonal items away and get rid of stuff that no longer fits and both of the boys' clothes ended up fitting in this dresser {as well as the closet - to be shown in another post once I've finished}.




Breckin now has the larger bed on the bottom, while Tanner is now in the twin in top. We didn't feel it was right to put our three-year-old up top for safety reasons...but they've both accepted the change. The surf pillow was from Tanner's bed and has a little red in it, instead of orange to coordinate, but I love that pillow, so I've decided to live with it.




This little area just provides some more toy storage for assorted blocks, etc. I haven't labeled the baskets yet, only because I have a paint pen, not a chalk pen and I am pretty sure these toys are going to be changed out soon, so I will wait until then. The Hawaiian signs were originally in Tanner's room.




This is still one of my favorite set-ups in the room. I had so much fun styling these shelves. Everything just went together so well {at least I hope you think so too}.




This is a better view of the new reading nook. We were able to fit all of the books from both rooms on the cubby shelves.




There is more to be shown soon - the closet which is just about ready to post about, and the under-bed storage {where DID you think I ended up storing all of those Legos?} I will share those here soon. I hope you have enjoyed this reveal - I'd love to know your thoughts!


Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...