Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Musings

Well, so this weekend I actually did something. Shocker, right?

Yep, I put my family in the car on Saturday evening, drove to the fair...we sat in traffic for about an hour and a half in line to the entrance (not worth it - will go at a different time next time)...and then we had ourselves a night of family fun:






We rode on some good rides together - there were enough that we could do all as a family so no one had to sit out. And being pregnant, I wasn't too risky by going on the big rides...even though I'm still just "pudge", I figured better to be safe than sorry. We also enjoyed some funnel cake to top off the night.

On Sunday, Nana & Papa took Tanner for a good part of the day as his birthday present. They took him to Blackbeard's Cove and then to the store to pick out a couple of presents. He loved having their attention focused 100% on him. {Momma took this time to get a little nap in while Jake watched Breckin.} When he was brought home, we took the boys out to dinner at Mellow Mushroom to do our family birthday celebration for Tanner and then he got to open his present (a new Nintendo DS) when we got home. His birthday is on Wednesday, but weeknight birthday celebrations are no fun! {Plus, now I have something to hold over his head when he is bad! Hehe...}

Anyway, tomorrow is my next prenatal appt. I opted to have first trimester screening done due to the fact that my husband's sister {she is my age} has severe mental retardation. We of course have two very healthy boys and all other members of both of our families are in good health in that respect, but I'm the type that if there is something wrong, I'd want to be prepared sooner than later. So please pray that the tests turn out normal! The plus side is that I do get another ultrasound, so I get to see this little nugget on the monitor again and see the growth. I've never seen one of mine at this stage in an ultrasound. I'm sort of hoping they can make a guess on the gender!

Have a great week!



Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...