Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday Musings

This weekend I was able to pretty much get my house fully cleaned! It's been hard finding the time between weekends out of town or just too many plans. Lord, I really want a maid like some of y'all have! Someday...someday.

One of the main reasons I was so house-focused was because I was putting up all of the Christmas decor. I normally decorate Thanksgiving weekend, but since we are headed to Florida this year, I knew I should get it out of the way before then. We decorated the tree on Saturday night...I always put up the main decor ornaments the day of our family decorating party - blue, silver and white balls, and then the kids, Hubby and I all have our own keepsake ornament boxes that we put up while listening to Christmas music and drinking egg nog. It's one of my favorite traditions. Here's the tree before the keepsake/kiddie ornaments:


And after the family decorating:


Had to capture the moment of Breckin lying on his stomach gazing at the tree...it was so sweet. As you can see, dog toys and my exercise ball have already found their way underneath the tree. #lifewithkidsandpets

I normally change out all of my pink and yellow stuff to match the blue and white Christmas decor scheme, but truth be told, I'm just too pregnant lazy this year. It's just a lot of work and then I've got to find places to store all of my year-round decor in the meantime. So basically, the decor is just the tree, the mantel and the entryway table.

On Sunday, I got to finally see my good friend Corey and we had a little shopping date at the Towne Centre. I even enjoyed some Starbucks Tazo Zen Green Tea - it had been a while! I don't drink caffeine throughout pregnancy {not a coffee person}, so it was nice to have that again, especially on such a cold day here in Charleston. After she headed home, I decided to make a stop on a whim to get my hair chopped off. Yep, we're talking around 8-10 inches, people. Some people may still consider this long, but it is short for me:


It's pretty plain-Jane. I didn't want to do any layering right now since I hadn't really taken much time to plan out the cut, so it's more blunt around the edges. I just knew I wanted a change. I really do like Kelly Ripa's new cut, but not sure I could handle it that short...and she has a team of stylists doing hers every day...I would have trouble getting the volume with my straight-as-straw hair.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiXVHkyai9THfuhf9_rFo69VOXa9WLIcW2JKCXLojlBYiIwvUN91-yVyw6VAkTxx5ODHC5oQb2fUbZ3TeCYj3ansC7dyRqKZQTVThz6jP_zFJ-kUbSPElPYlFAkI5cVmiu5zqyF61ccGQ8/s1600/kelly.jpg

I don't know, maybe eventually...maybe.

Speaking of Kelly Ripa, I will be in NYC in less 2 1/2 weeks and my mom and I are trying to get tickets to see Live with Kelly & Michael. I love that show, so that would be awesome. Crossing my fingers. I'm so excited about that trip. Though, as a prego, with a belly that is now protruding, I'm nervous about finding clothes that are warm enough for the December NYC weather. I made a quick online order at Motherhood Maternity for some long-sleeved items {in my other pregnancies, I was never large in the wintertime, so I only have short-sleeved tops}. And some of my regular tops still fit OK, so hopefully I can manage. I'll be wearing leggings under my maternity jeans, it's going to be so cold!

Anyway, CHEERS to this short work week; we are headed to Florida on Thanksgiving Day. We'll spend that evening in Downtown Disney, then do Animal Kingdom and Gator Land over the weekend. Should be fun trip!

Happy Monday, All!


Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...