Wednesday, December 18, 2013

NYC -----> CHS

Well, let me tell you, NYC -----> CHS was a mess. My mom and I got to the airport a little early since we had to be out of our place and we didn't want to "lug" our luggage around for a couple of hours. So we got there probably around noon - for flights that were scheduled to leave at 5:00 and 5:10. All was going well until just about 30 min before my flight was to start boarding and I got told there was a delay due to snow and ice {of course - always when you're trying to get home, right?} Strangely enough, they called my phone while I was sitting there and asked if I was in the terminal because they wanted to get me on a straight flight to Charleston with a different airline. {Hallelujah, right? But wait.} So being that my original flight had a stop in Charlotte and I was definitely going to miss my connecting flight, I agreed. That flight wasn't scheduled to leave until 7:30, but would only get me in around 9:30, about 30 min later than my original itinerary plans - no biggie. So after going through security AGAIN, due to the way they have the gates sectioned off at Newark Airport, I settled at my new gate, only to see that all the current flights were delayed by a couple hours. Mine had not yet been affected, but I knew it would be. Long story short, we didn't board until around 8:30, we waited in the runway line of jets and probably didn't get off the ground until about 9:00. I got in last night at 11:00 and took a taxi home...hit the hay at just about midnight. EXHAUSTED, but I guess I made it.




In other news, the trip was AWESOME! We packed in so much; I can't wait to share pics. We also got on the Live with Kelly & Michael Show yesterday and I'm hearing reports from a few friends that say they DID see me on TV! Success! Haha. It was a good show, very interesting to see the "behind the scenes" and commercial break activity. The guests were Will Ferrell & Steve Carrell...I am so excited to see Anchorman 2 {came out today}!




Anyway, I'm a bit tired still...and I'm AT WORK {blah!} so I don't have much going on to post today...but I will get a few NYC recap posts in order and get them to you, stat. It's definitely one of those "get back to reality" days. Do you ever go to Bloglovin' and see how many posts you haven't read yet, get overwhelmed and just say "F*** it, I'm just going to hit the 'mark all posts as read' button to save my sanity"? No? Just me then? OK. Well, I will say I did make sure to catch up on my absolute fave bloggers, but I won't give those ladies away here. I just seriously would have never been able to catch up on all that reading!

Well, have a great week and I'll check back in tomorrow!

Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...