Monday, May 26, 2014

Monday Musings: Postpartum Update

I haven't really had a chance to get back to the blog after I announced Farrah's arrival...but hopefully you've been following me on Instagram to see the latest pics of her. I'll be honest, if I had something to post about, I'd have been posting...but let's see...I'm tired...I'm too heavy to fit into anything cute I own for an outfit post...and it's not like life has been crazy fun and interesting...I've just been hibernating with my baby at home for the last couple of weeks. I've made successful outings to Target and the grocery store, etc...and then I braved bringing all three of the kids out to the beach on Thursday evening to watch Daddy play beach volleyball and just get the heck out of the house...but other than that, I've just been getting used to having an infant in the house again...feeding on demand, trying to keep up on the household chores and wondering how it's humanly possible to go this long without a decent night's sleep. So yeah, didn't want to overload you with that on here and bore you to death. You're welcome.

That being said, I did want to pop in for a little update on Farrah, my postpartum weightloss journey and all that jazz.

Farrah is now 17 days old. She is really such a mellow baby unless she's hungry. She is getting increasingly alert at certain times during the day...we can't wait to interact with her more. Here are some recent photos - these are also on my personal Facebook and Instagram, so I apologize if you are seeing these for the second time...but she's a cutie, so it could be worse, right?









I know we're missing Tanner in those pics...but he's at school during the day when I get the most pictures of her in...I need to work on getting some with him!

I feel so blessed to have this sweet girl in my life...just so happy.

On the other side of things, I am currently trying to bust through some of this pregnancy weight. I just have no patience for it...I'm too hard on myself, but I can't help it. Here are pictures of me at 1 week and 2 weeks postpartum...you can see there is progress there, but I'd sure love to fit in my skinny jeans again soon...and I've got a ways to go. I gained around 50 lbs this pregnancy...and much of it is in my thighs and hips! I also came home with a lot of water weight and swollen feet for about a week and a half! I am eager to get back into the gym.


I have been walking every day since a week postpartum...usually 1.5 to 2 miles pushing a double jogger with Breckin and Farrah. It's been so hot, even in the mornings...but I know I have to get back out there right away to see the best results, and quickly. I will begin to hit the gym again in about 3 1/2 weeks and also plan on starting T25 at the same time. I mean, this is what I have to get back to:



That was me just over a year ago. Obviously I have my work cut out for me right now!

Anyway, that's the update for now...the boys are adjusting to their new little sister...Breckin just adores her and always wants to "play" with her...while Tanner is sort of like "whatever" about it. Pretty much exactly what I expected from them. Jake and I have officially made the decision that Farrah is our last child and I'm very OK with that. Our family feels complete now...and this means I will be just under 50 by the time they all leave the nest! Good timing, I think.



Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...