Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Blueberry Kale Smoothie

Losing weight postpartum takes a lot more than exercise...it also takes eating right. I'm sharing with you today my go-to breakfast. Since I am now a stay-at-home mom caring for an infant and a three-year-old...I rarely have a moment to myself, so it's important I have something that I can make quickly and I want it to pack a lot of punch because it could be a while before I get the chance to grab anything else to eat!

Right now, I love a good blueberry kale smoothie. Kale is quite the super-food. According to Wikipedia, kale is very high in beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, and rich in calcium. Kale is a source of two carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin. Kale, as with broccoli and other brassicas, contains sulforaphane (particularly when chopped or minced), a chemical with potent anti-cancer properties.

Blueberry Kale Smoothie - get your greens in! This smoothie is so good!
{via}

I also throw in some chia seeds for some good Omega-3 fatty acids and calcium.

Here is my personal recipe:

Blueberry Kale Smoothie

1 c. fresh kale (loose)
1 med. banana
3/4 c. frozen blueberries
1 tsp. - 1 tbsp. chia seeds
3/4 c. skim milk or almond milk
1 tbsp. natural peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/2 c. ice

Blend and enjoy!



Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...