Monday, November 15, 2010

Top 10 Tuesdays: Reasons Why It's Good to Be The Princess

Well, it's no secret that when I became pregnant with Breckin, I had hoped for a little girl (I seem to remember being quite open about that). Although I think I still might want a little girl someday (though for now my shop is closed until further notice), I do have to admit that it really is so wonderful being a mommy of boys. Here are the top 10 reasons I love to be a mom of all boys and the life of a princess mommy is not too shabby:

10. Two words: Momma's Boys - boys love their mommies soooo much and it's so nice to feel so loved.
9. A lot less drama in the teen years. Less dramatic in general. I provide enough drama for one family and I don't need anyone stealing my thunder.
8. I do not have to compete for my hubby's love - I am the only girl in his life.
7. The mother/son dance at their weddings.
6. Not having to pay for their weddings.
5. When they get to a certain age, daddy can take them to do "man" stuff and mommy gets a lot more girl time (translate: "me" time)
4. Boys are naturally more tough and less likely to cry when taking a fall. A lot less fragile in both mind and body.
3. Not having to worry so much when they start dating. I will naturally worry a little, but for much different reasons.
2. Statistics show mothers and daughters argue way more than mothers and sons.
1. Their wardrobes will cost exponentially less to maintain throughout the teen years. Since I don't have to pay to upkeep a girls' wardrobe and beauty, I will have more to spend on mine! :)

"There's a special place in Heaven for mothers of all boys." -Unknown


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...