Friday, January 14, 2011

Things Husbands Say...

So I don't know if it's just me (or rather MY husband), but it seems that most men just don't think through things they say before they say them. For instance, grabbing my newly aquired love handles just a couple weeks after I give birth and saying how he loves having something to squeeze (whatever that means) is NOT a sweet comment that makes me feel good about myself. Though I'm sure in his head he thought it was. He is constantly doing/saying things like this and I know he means well because he always says how he loves my body and thinks I'm sexy, but after a while, I just have to give him a stone-cold glare and say, "Really? Did you really think that I would think that to be a compliment?" C'mon Jake, KNOW your audience.

Well, so today, an episode of Dr. Oz happened to be on and they were featuring a woman who had obviously given birth a few times and her abdomen skin was very wrinkly and saggy. (With good reason!) Unfortunately, hers was to the point of requiring surgery for any sort of real fix and they were introducing a new form of less-invasive liposuction. Hubby did not know that they were talking about liposuction and says, "Ooh, maybe you should watch this."

No worries, I did not immediately get the shot gun. Jake is still very much alive. (For now.)

However, I'm assuming you know this did not end well for him. My first reaction was just to give him the aforementioned stone-cold glare and ask him why he thought I needed to watch the show. I'll be honest with you all...and I'm sorry, but I have to toot my own horn. I think after the last few months of killing myself and now being so dedicated to the (definitely crazy-insane) Insanity workout program, I look pretty dang good. I'm only 5 months postpartum, so naturally I have a little ways to go, but my tummy is flat and I'm just about to my pre-pregnancy weight. And unlike this woman on the show, I am lucky enough not to have the wrinkly, stretch-marked abdomen skin. I do realize I do not yet look like I did before having Breckin, but I'm working on it.

So of course Jake realized how he sounded and said, "No, you look awesome, that's not what I meant." I guess he was just thinking they were going to have some sort of solution for stretched-out skin since I had mentioned the other night to him how that is what takest the longest to bounce back. My skin doesn't look stretched out while standing, but I had mentioned to him while doing planks and similar workouts, I have that little bit of skin that sort of hangs. (I think most mommies have that for a while.) So then I told him the show was about liposuction and that was the only cure for what that woman had and the poor guy felt like a jerk.

Men, gotta love 'em.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...