Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fitness Idols...

Do you have a fitness idol? Just someone whose body you admire so much that motivates you to aim to look your best? I do. I know some say it's wrong to idolize others, and I know it is. I guess my fitness idol I wouldn't say is someone I "idolize", as in I don't want to be her or have the exact same personality, but rather she is just someone I admire. She works out regularly, eats right and has hobbies that are healthy, such as surfing. I think that is something worth admiring and a lifestyle worth striving for. My fitness idol is Marisa Miller. One of the main reasons she is a fitness idol of mine is that she and I are the same height. So trying to work toward having a figure similar to hers is not completely unattainable. Not saying I will ever be quite as small as she is, but if I get within 15 lbs of it, I'll be happy.

Her stats are the following:
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 110 lbs
Measurements: 34-23-35

As of yesterday, my stats are the following (mind you, I AM just shy of 5 months postpartum, so these stats are not my standard):
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140 lbs (down 15 from my last measurements post! 5 to go to pre-prego, 15 to goal)
Measurements: 32-31-37 (I'm down 2.5" in both my hips and waist since last measurements post! Still a bit of work to do, but it's happening!)

I think pre-2nd baby at my smallest, I was weighing 125 and my measurements were 31-26.5-35.5, so really not too far off from my "idol". I am aware I'll never be a Victoria's Secret model, but I do love to strive to be the best I can be.

The New Year is going well so far. I started Insanity yesterday. It was a brutal first workout back since my short Christmas workout hiatus (guests in town, etc.), but I managed to push through and finish the entire workout. I felt so much better afterward. And I was conscious to get the amount of water intake I needed. Water is key to weightloss and management...it helps cleanse the system, relieve bloating and keep all systems in your body running properly, this includes metabolizing and digesting (VERY IMPORTANT FOR ACHIEVING A HEALTHY WEIGHT!) Today, so far I've done a butt/legs strength-training routine and I will be doing Insanity Day 2 when hubby gets back from playing beach volleyball. But it's amazing how energized just two days of good exercise makes me feel. Bikini season is just around the corner and I want to be ready for it!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...