Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year, New (Old) Me

Happy New Year! I hope all of you will be safe tonight and that you have a wonderful 2011. Unfortunately, hubby and I aren't going to be going out tonight as we have no sitter for Tanner and Breckin. But I don't mind - we are actually going to hang out with our neighbors and their kids. Champagne around the firepit - not a shabby way to spend an evening. And the most important thing is that I'm with the ones I love when I ring in the New Year, and my boys are all I need. :)

Anyway, being that 2010 was spent being pregnant and then trying to reverse the damage said pregnancy caused...I am definitely ready for a new year. Don't get me wrong, there are so many wonderful things about pregnancy, but it definitely took up the greater part of my year and I'm ready to get back to me...get my body back and really enjoy the year to come. So the "new me" I'm wanting to be is really the "old me", as in having my pre-prego body back!

If you read my previous New Year's Resolution post, you will see I've set some specific fitness goals for myself. Now, I'm not like the many New Year's resolution-ers that up and decide I'm going to get fit this year and start out all gung-ho then give up by March. I'm an exception to the rule being that I'm not someone who hasn't worked out for years and is trying to go all out just because it's a new year. I'm a self-proclaimed fitness nut and before finding out I was pregnant last December, worked out 5-6 days a week on average. As well as worked out as much as I could during pregnancy. Anyhow, I feel the goals I've set for myself are attainable by me and I'm going to take it one week at a time. This week, my specific goals are to:
1) Complete Week 1 of Insanity,
2) Run at least a total of 10 miles,
3) Cut out bad carbs (no more holiday junk!), and
4) Drink at least 8-10 cups of water per day (64-80 oz) or more.

I love using this blog to keep track of my goals. In a way, I feel it helps keep me accountable. So if you would like, please check back often as I will be posting updates of my progress. I will post my beginning stats (measurements, etc.) here shortly.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever your goals are for this new year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...