Sunday, July 24, 2011

ZOKU...you've gotta try this!

My brother- and sister-in-law got Tanner an early Christmas present:
The ZOKU Quick Pop Maker

Being that it's summer, they wanted to give it to him early. So today we gave it our first try. I took some lowfat vanilla yogurt, a mixture of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries that I chopped up in the food processor and started layering them into the frozen unit (had to be in the freezer for at least 24 hours before using). In 7 minutes, we had frozen popsicles! Tanner loved being a part of making them...makes it so much more fun than just buying a box of them at the store.

I'm still a little novice as far as my decorating skills with them, but I'm going to learn...and hopefully my popsicles will start looking a little more like this:

http://buxtonbaby.com.au/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zoku-colourful.jpg


What I like best about it is that I know exactly what is going into his popsicles...and I can make them super healthy with just some fresh fruit ingredients. I think popsicle-making will be our new mommy-son project on the weekends...how else are we to survive this heat?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...