Saturday, July 30, 2011

It's Becoming More and More Real...

Today, Tanner and I went and bought all of the school supplies on his list, along with a new backpack.

Yep. My first-born is officially ready for Kindergarten.





It's exciting and scary for me at the same time. I am glad he will be going to such a great environment and learning all sorts of new things and making new friends. I am excited to see his first art project he brings home from school and help him with his first homework assignment. I hope he thrives in school and learns to love it.

It's scary for me because I still see him as my "baby"...it's so hard for me to picture him finding his way to his class each day and making his way to the daycare bus for after-school care all without my help. It's also scary because I'm one of those moms who pays too much attention to the bad news out there about kidnappings and bullying. Both of which have haunted me in my nightmares these past few weeks (I'm a real mess!) It's so hard to let go and allow him to enter the world of self-sufficiency. Not imagining how he will get through each day without needing to hold my hand. All I can hope for is that I've raised a boy that will make smart decisions, have self-confidence and socialize well.

Goodness, I sound like I'm sending him off to college.

Ugh, don't even get me started.

Countdown to Kindergarten: 17 days...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...