Sunday, August 14, 2011

Embarking on a New Adventure

Tomorrow is a big day.

Tanner and Breckin are going to their first day at their new daycare. This will be Breckin's first time in a daycare center ever. I hope that he loves it. Tanner will be going their for his after-school program 3 days a week.

Tuesday will be an even bigger day than tomorrow.

Kindergarten is finally upon us. I've long-dreaded this day. I'm going to be walking Tanner down the hall to his classroom...taking TONS of pictures...and crying tons of tears (hopefully will be able to hold them back until I get in the car.) The following things will likely run through my mind all day:

"Is he going to be nervous?"
"Is he going to make friends easily?"
"Will he be able to find his way back to class from the bathroom?"
"Will he listen to his teacher and follow the rules?"
"Will he get on his daycare bus OK, or feel completely lost because I'm not the one picking him up?"
"Will he wish I was there with him, or be completely fine without me?"

That last one is probably the most worrisome. Isn't it sad when our kids decide they don't need us anymore? Hopefully I have a little longer than Kindergarten, but I know that day is coming...probably sooner than later.

However, I'm excited for this new chapter in our lives. Aside from Tanner heading to Kindergarten, we are also taking further steps in our Christian faith (attending a Life Group, committing to attending regular Sunday services, etc.), moving toward a better financial future (we even both just got new cars to suit our growing family! Jake now has a large enough truck to fit our entire family, and I have enough room to fit our entire family and a few friends!) Things are just finally going really well and the future looks bright. I have signed up to be a "Room Mom" for Tanner's Kindergarten class...excited to see what fun that will bring!

So here's to a good school year - hope all you other mommies of school-aged children have an awesome year!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...