Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Kindergarten Rocks!

Tanner (and Mommy) made it through his first day of Kindergarten today! The morning was a little crazy and rushed, but we made it through a mess of traffic and people and managed not to be tardy on the first day! I decided to drop Breckin off at daycare first so I could have 100% attention on Tanner for his big day and the big [read: dreaded] drop-off. We walked to his classroom and he put his backpack in his cubby. I asked him if he remembered his assigned seat from orientation last week and he did! The teacher greeted us with a warm welcome and hug (I really like Ms. Powell, she seems like a great personality fit for Tanner). I took some pictures, and then gave him a big hug and kiss good-bye...he didn't seem scared...he didn't beg me to stay (which is great, though I sort of longed for him to at least pretend he wanted me to stay longer). He did say "I love you, Mommy" without being prompted by me saying it first and it melted my heart. My little boy is really a big boy now. All day I couldn't wait to pick him up and hear about his day. He told me about all of the songs they sang and the games they played. I was so glad to hear he loved it. :)

Here are some pics I took before I "let him go":

The Mascot is a Sea Turtle!



My Silly Sweetie



Looks So Grown Up



Outside the Classroom



Ms. Powell & Tanner



His Seat for the Year!



My Studious Little Man





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...