Monday, December 1, 2014

Monday Musings / Weekending

We got back yesterday from our Thanksgiving vacation in Myrtle Beach. It was a lot of fun. The kids were all very good for the most part and they had a blast. The house layout couldn't have been more perfect - a room with bunk beds for the kids, three other nice-size rooms for the adult couples and four bathrooms. Farrah of course slept in her pack-n-play in our room. I'd definitely rent that place again! The view right off our deck was nice too.



The house was right on one of the campground lakes.

To keep the boys busy, there were playgrounds right on the beach, an arcade that was just like any big arcade, an indoor pool {for wintertime} and put-put. The kids loved winning tickets and trading them in for small toys. We also took them to a War Bird park where they had real life planes from wars...and we took them to see the Christmas tree lighting at the Market Commons shopping center.









I ran my 8K on Turkey Day! An 8K is 4.97 miles. I am glad I had MapMyRun going on my iPhone because their course was actually a tad longer and their timer read 58 minutes as I crossed the finish. But on my app, I hit 5 miles at 57 minutes. My goal was under an hour and I did it! I joked with my husband that my racing number was his first Thanksgiving {he was born in Jan 1978}.



Farrah, the poor thing, cut her first TWO teeth while we were there. {I think she was trying to cut some in time to enjoy the Thanksgiving feast!} Her nose was runny, she was spitting up a lot, drooling and running a mild fever at times, yet, she was still as sweet and happy as ever. She has been such a good baby.


We did manage to finally get some family pictures taken! I brought my DSLR camera and had my sister-in-law take them. In exchange, I took her family's. Not a bad deal to get some semi-professional looking images. Here are my faves:















So I was able to get my Christmas cards ordered yesterday!

Have a great week! December already...wow.



 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...