Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Bucket O' Summer {and Spring}

Every year when the weather turns warm, I try to gather the necessary and often-used supplies and keep them in one central location where everyone can find them. Nothing more annoying than trying to round up the 4 or 5 different types of sunscreens you need for a day at the beach {you know - Sport SPF 30 for volleyball-playing daddy, SPF 45 for mommy's face and 30 for her body, kid's spray in 50+ and a face stick, and then baby face stick and SPF 70 baby sunscreen - I mean, seriously??!}, when it's hard enough just getting out the door with three kids in tow {one of them being a baby!}

So this is a little thing I've used the last couple of years and it's worked great. I got this utensil holder from Target and it perfectly stores our sunscreens, bug spray, lighter {for the grill pilot or those Citronella candles}, flashlight, etc. I keep it on the top of our fridge [out of reach for little ones} for easy on-the-go access and also for backyard fun.




I'll share with you my favorite sunscreens...

For Tanner and Breckin, Neutrogena's Wet Skin line is great. As you probably know, when swimming, you should really apply your sunscreen again every couple of hours. So since their skin is usually wet, this stuff makes me feel confident I've got them adequately covered.

http://truebeautybrands.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/e/neu183-02.jpg
{via}
I also like to use a stick for their face as it's more sensitive and sees the sun more. It is thicker, so not as likely to wear off. It's also a lot easier for me to put it on them than slathering lotion all over their face...and this one by Banana Boat is generally tear-free.

http://assets.academy.com/mgen/14/10070114.jpg?is=500,500
{via}

I have yet to actually use sunscreen on Farrah yet, but I will be soon as the weather is nice and we'll be spending a lot of time outdoors. I have Neutrogena's Pure and Free line ready to go for her.

http://www.wmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/neutrogena-baby-sunscreen-442x420.jpg
For myself, I really like the Beach Defense line by Neutrogena for my body.

http://i39.tinypic.com/9hszv8.jpg
{via}
And for my face, generally my daily moisturizer and foundation have SPF 20 in them, but for a day out in the sun for hours, I definitely like to enlist the help of a sunscreen with a higher SPF {and sometimes a baseball cap!} I'm in my 30s now and I am really trying to be aware of how I treat my skin. Again, I go with a Neutrogena product - I love the Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch because I don't feel like it clogs my pores and it applies nicely.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen, SPF 45 - 3 fl oz
{via}
Jake likes to use a sport sunscreen, so I usually stick with tried and true Coppertone for him. He also prefers the spray because he feels he can reach his back better with it.

http://www.cabelas.ca/content/filemanager/Products/000000000000046982/detail/125279.jpg
{via}
How do you keep your on-the-go spring/summer stuff organized?


Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...