Monday, March 23, 2015

Weekending / Monday Musings

Happy Monday! I cannot believe it is pretty much the last week of March! I feel like March JUST started. This year is nearly 1/4 over. Anyway, we had a good weekend and I'm looking forward to a good, but busy week.

Friday night we had some friends over to try out my new karaoke machine. It was so fun...karaoke is always a good time. Saturday morning I babysat my friend's little girl, Charlie. She is 19 months old and it was sort of like Farrah's first playdate. She was so thrilled with her, it was darling to watch. Breckin was also a sweetheart, being their little entertainer.




Our neighborhood had an Easter egg hunt that day, so I took the boys to that. It went smoothly and quickly and was a lot of fun for them. I loved how hassle-free it was compared to going to one of the bigger local ones. It's so funny the difference between Tanner's and Breckin's styles of egg-hunting. Tanner would try to pick up as many in one handful as possible and load up his basket, while Breckin was very thoughtful of his egg choices...picking up and shaking each one...even tossing some back if he didn't think what was inside was going to be worthwhile. They are the same way with lollipops - Tanner basically bites right into his and devours it while Breckin will savor every last lick.



We went out that night for dinner to celebrate both Jake's dad's and his mom's birthdays, then just came home and relaxed and put on another episode of our current Netflix addiction: Parenthood. We really love that show and it is so relate-able.

Sunday we attended our church service and then we came home to chores and projects. We had planned on going to the zoo with some friends, but have pushed that back to next Sunday due to the rain we had all day. It was a perfect day for house stuff. Jake painted all the bathroom cabinetry he is installing and the current vanity. We are just about done with this and I'm so ready to be back in my bathroom. He will just need to put the shoe-mold back down on the flooring, attach the cabinet doors and install the ones he built, re-hook up the sink and then we will need to repaint the entire room. I'm hoping we can knock all of that out this coming weekend.

I am looking forward to another successful week of clean eating. I'm down 2 lbs from last week! I knew it would just take a little extra focus and determination to get me where I need to be. I did all my food prep yesterday and here is the workout plan this week:



I've also got the Cooper River Bridge 10K on Saturday! I'm nervous as it's been a while since I've run that distance, but I know I can do it. I'd really love to beat my time from the last time I did the race.

Hope y'all have a great week!





Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...