Monday, February 21, 2011

Our 1st Beach Outing This Year...

Sunshine?

Check!

Clear skies?

Check!

Towel, snacks, sand toys, baby bag?

Check!

30mph winds?

Check...

Yep, that's right. What I thought was going to be the first nice beach day of the year turned out to be a stressful and crazy few hours with my boys.

I went with my good friend Allison and we had planned on being able to chit-chat while Tanner played in the sand and Breckin either slept or hung out with us. We had no such luck. Tanner was loud and crazy - you would think I feed that kid spoonfuls of pure sugar for breakfast. Breckin was cranky because the wind was bothering him (understandable). Altogether it was not a great experience. I have to give much credit to Allison for putting up with my circus.

We gave it about 30-45 min before we finally decided to pack it up and move up the beach access path to the play park where it was much less windy. We set out the beach blanket and played with Breckin while Tanner played on the toys, which was a little more relaxing - except for Tanner coming up every 5 minutes to ask for a snack. This kid is obsessed with food. Other than that, he would be screaming and hanging all over Allison. (She's really such a good sport, and a good friend.)

Once Breckin had pretty much had enough of this beach outing, we packed up and headed to Los Arcos for a margarita (we were quite desperate at this point!). Breckin was so much happier to be inside and out of the wind and for the most part was happy. Tanner, however, was off-the-walls hyper. I don't know what it is with this kid! Thankfully it wasn't busy in the restaurant and the majority of tables around us were empty.

I'm pretty sure I successfully made Allison realize she truly never wants children. I can't say I blame her. (Although I do love them.)

We've decided the next time we hang out, we'll make sure Jake can watch the kids.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...