Friday, February 11, 2011

UPDATE: Life hasn't been Mommalicious Lately!

It's been a couple weeks since my last post! I know you must have been just hanging on the edge of your seat awaiting the moment I would stop by and dish out the exhilerating details of my Mommalicious life! Or not - whatever.

Anyway the last couple weeks have been a little crazy and I have been busy adjusting to the changes and trying to keep my and my family's lives in balance. So that is the reason for the absence. I started a new job. I had been looking for a part-time gig for nights and weekends just to have some steady cashflow while I build my cleaning business and help hubby out a little bit with the bills (the bane of our existence!) After weeks of searching for said job, I received a call from my former supervisor from the position I held prior to having Breckin. She had just started working for a new company and was looking for front desk people. However, the job required 13-14 hr days at least 3 times a week. So really, it was a full-time position. I pretty much got hired without a real interview (considering she had already interviewed me for the last position she supervised me in!) The hours are long, but since it's only 3 days a week, it still feels a bit part-time and leaves me 4 full days to spend with my boys each week (and take on cleaning jobs as I get them), while still taking home a full-time paycheck. So financially, it's even better that what I had been looking for. It's been a bit of an adjustment though...because on the days I work, I only get to see my boys in the wee hours of the morning while rushing to get them ready for daycare and then I get home at 10pm when they are already in bed. It especially sucks when I have to work 2 days in a row. But all in all, I feel blessed to have the position. It's also in the medical field, which I had no prior experience in, and I know it can be difficult to get into this field without prior schooling for or experience with it, so it may create many opportunities for me in the future.

In other news, Breckin has gotten his first cold. One of the benefits of my new job at the urgent care center is that they will see my family for free, so I took him in to test him for strep, flu and RSV - all of which are running rampant around town right now. I feel bad because I'm sure I probably brought home the sickness with me since I'm around sick people all day, even though I'm religiously applying hand sanitizer and Lysol-ing my work area throughout my shifts. Luckily it turned out to be just a chest cold. However, I just took him to his pediatrician for his 6-month well visit today and turns out he now has an ear infection. Poor little guy. So now he's got some antibiotics - hopefully we'll be rid of this soon! He's still being his happy little playful self though. I love that it's not getting him down.

Some other great news is that thanks to this new job - I have a gym membership again! HALLELUJAH! This ends my 8-month gym hiatus! One of the job's benefits is a discounted gym membership at East Shore Athletic Club (the gym I used to go to!), so I can finally truly get back into the swing of things with my workout regimen. I've been loving Insanity and the results I've gotten, but I am so ready to hit the weight room again - and the elliptical! Summer is near and my beach boys and I are going to be out there looking good! (They look good with little to no effort. Me - not so much.)

Oh, and some major news from the last couple weeks - THE PACKERS ARE THE SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPIONS! Jake had been waiting for the day for a long time. GO PACK!

Well, that's the last couple of weeks in a nutshell. Hopefully it won't be that long between posts again! But until my next post, I'll leave you with these adorable pics:







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...