Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Husband, The Romantic. (Mama Kat's Writing Prompts)

This Week's Writing Prompt:
Husbands. A Post That Hopefully Will Not Get You In Trouble.

What can I possibly write about my husband that won't get me into trouble? My husband hates attention. He is much more private than I am. I guess lucky for me, he doesn't keep up with my blog, so he may never find out what I am about to tell you about him.

Jake is a romantic. There, I said it. He would kill me if I told you because he tries so hard to come off as the tough guy...the sports nut...the manly man. While he is all of those things in his own rite, he is still definitely one thing: romantic.

Jake loves to hug and kiss...and cuddle. More so than myself! I often tell him that it seems the roles have been reversed - he's the one who loves to show affection - I tend to have more of the "guy mentality" when it comes to that stuff. Not that I don't like any of it, I just don't always feel the need to express my loving feelings and emotions (something I'm working on). I just don't have that in my background so much. Jake, in my opinion, has an abundance of it.

It's nice to have a man that is so open with his feelings. I can't remember a day where he didn't tell me he loves me. He says it all the time. I can't remember a day where he didn't tell me how beautiful/gorgeous/sexy he finds me. He tells me that all the time too. In a world where chivalry has for the most part gone out the window, it's nice to have found a guy that still wants to make me feel loved and beautiful. And he loves to open doors for me (if I don't get to them first - again, it must be the guy mentality in me).

In the morning before he leaves for work, he showers me with kisses (even though it wakes me up). When he comes home at night, he always makes sure to get a hug and kiss "hello". I love that he's not emotionally closed off...because when the rare moment happens that I decide to be romantic, he's always so happy and responds to it.

As for me, I'm trying to make those "rare" moments happen a bit more often. I want Jake to know that I return his love for me even though I don't show it all the time. I guess I need a romantic guy like Jake...to teach me how to be a girl and accept love and affection and know that I deserve it...rather than being such a "guy" about it all the time.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...