Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Stay Cool with Zoku

This is simply a must-have item for your kitchen…The ZOKU Quick Pop Maker

Popsicles are a hot commodity in our house during the summer months. Today, we pulled out our Zoku after a long hiatus (also known as, winter). I took some lowfat vanilla yogurt, a mixture of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries that I chopped up in the food processor and started layering them into the frozen unit (had to be in the freezer for at least 24 hours before using). In 7 minutes, we had frozen popsicles! My kids loved being a part of making them and it is so much more fun than just buying a box of them at the store.

I’m still a little novice as far as my decorating skills with them, but I’m going to learn…and hopefully my popsicles will start looking a little more like this:


What I like best about it is that I know exactly what is going into the kids’ popsicles. I can make them super-healthy with just some fresh fruit ingredients. I think popsicle-making will be our mommy & sons project on the weekends…how else are we to survive this Charleston, South Carolina heat?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...