Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer Fun & Plans

School is out and summer is officially in full swing!

I really wish I had a summer break because there's so much I want to do and I know I only have so many summers before my kids are grown and would rather spend every moment with their friends instead of their Mom & Dad.

I've made a promise to myself to make the most of this summer. I want our weekends to be chock full of fun activities. We've already gone to the zoo and last weekend we went to a birthday party for one of Tanner's friends. This weekend we are having a Kindergarten Graduation party at our pool with a few of our friends that also have boys that just finished Kindergarten. We plan on heading to the zoo again on Sunday with some friends and their kids who are pretty much the same age as Tanner and Breckin (I bought the yearly membership and I vowed I would use it as much as possible - plus it's just an hour and a half away, so it makes for a fun day trip for the family.)

This summer is going to be really special because we are actually going to Idaho to visit my Mom and Dad and some old friends. It's been almost 5 years since Tanner and I've been back. Breckin's never been. Jake hasn't been there since we packed up and moved to Charleston a little over 7 years ago. It's so terrible that it's been so long...plane tickets are crazy-expensive for just one person, let alone a family of four. We will be there the first week of August and I absolutely can't wait!

Here are some pictures of our summer so far:



Summer = Lots of Popsicles
At the Zoo
No Zoo Trip is complete without a little meltdown...
Mommy and the Boys...so memorable :-)

Daddy always gets the good smiles...oh how I love these 3 men of mine!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...