Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Confession: I Have a Vice

As much as I strive to take great care of my body, I must admit my one addiction that is not good for my health, or at least certainly is not helping it any.

Hi, my name is Morgan, and I'm addicted to Diet Rockstars.




I've been drinking at least one a day {sometimes two!} for the last 4-ish years. {Yikes, it scares me to say that!} Minus my pregnancy with Breckin of course, I quit cold turkey for that entire nine months.

I often get unsolicited advice from strangers/friends/coworkers that I need to quit because "that stuff" is so bad for me. I've been justifying my habit for years with excuses such as:
  1. It's the one bad thing I drink, other than that, it's water or skim milk {or red wine, but that's an addiction topic for another day...}
  2. There are worse addictions, i.e. smoking, drugs, etc.
  3. It has vitamins! Better than a nutrition-lacking diet soda for caffeine.
  4. Yada yada yada
Yeah, I'm a prime candidate for an intervention.

Well, so last night, I came across this article. Yeah, heavy. That's it, I do need to stop.

So starting today, I'm going to pick one bad habit to kick, and this is it. Do you have a guilty pleasure you can't seem to curb? What is it? I'd love to hear. Also, I'd love if you'd join me in trying to kick the habit - any habit you might have.

I'll be reporting back to you here to let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...