Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Musings

Happy Monday, Y'all!

I hope you had a lovely weekend...mine was not too shabby...

I kicked it off with Race for the Cure (here's me looking super-pumped super-early in the morning that day):



And before you go thinking my outfit was boring...take a look at these super-cute argyle socks:




I set out with the goal to beat my best time for a 5K (which was 33-34 min - I know, I'm pretty awful with running, but working on it!) Well, I did just that...I used my RunKeeper app the whole time and based on that (haven't seen my official time chip results yet), I ran the race in 30-31 min. I feel proud of myself to have improved my running this year...it's a big deal to me to shave off even a measly couple of minutes. Anytime I wanted to walk, I was able to mentally push myself forward and keep running. That has always been the hardest part for me. I hope to break into the 20s next time - maybe for the Turkey Day Run? I am still in training for my upcoming half marathon, and this was a great confidence booster.

The rest of Saturday was pretty low-key...I got some housework done, played with my boys - Breckin and I even snuck away for a quick bike ride - and then we all made S'mores around the firepit in the evening.

Oh, but wait - I did go from this:




to this:




Oh yes, chocolate-y dark brown hair prevails for fall and winter!

Sunday was a work day - boo. But thankfully my weekend shifts end at 1:30 so the day was not completely wasted. When I got home, we decided to head for an early afternoon dinner at Los Arcos - I was so in need of a margarita...and some quality time with my boys...


Gotta love these soon-to-be 7yo expressions we get in pics now!



Here's to a happy week! xoxo
Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...