Friday, September 5, 2014

Hey...It's Friiiiiiiday!

I have been a lazy blogger this week...it's been a bogged down week. Jake is running the show at work while his dad is in Alaska on a cruise, so he's been pulling late hours and basically running around like a chicken with his head cut off {but we can't complain that business is busy - isn't that the dream, after all?} Which means, I have been mostly on my own in terms of the kids...I usually have them in bed or close to by the time he gets home. It's not too bad...I have a schedule for them and Farrah is slowly but surely getting more and more on the schedule I've been trying to set for her. I don't think I've ever had a "schedule" for an infant...I was always more of the type to just be out and about and not revolve every little detail of my day around them {that's how they learn the world doesn't revolve around them, right?} But honestly, now with 3 kids - one being in school - I find the need to be a little more regimented and organized in that sense. Not crazy of course, I mean, there will still be events and things that I'm not just going to avoid because "it's naptime". It just doesn't work that way for me. And plus, my kids are almost 5 and almost 4 years apart...so none of them have the same "schedule" as the other...so my little angels, we are going to work around MINE.

Well, lookie there...I just went off on a random tangent there, didn't I?

Anyway, though it's been a bit of a whirlwind week for everyone, we did manage a nice evening of relaxing on the porch. It was kind of funny how it happened actually. I finally moved my strollers into the garage so I could enjoy this oasis I created a year or so ago...


OK, so not an oasis, per se, but a pretty little spot to relax and drink wine. I asked my husband if he wanted to join Farrah and me, but he said he had just put on an episode of The Hulk to watch with the boys {they are obsessed with superheroes right now}. The boys heard my request and immediately jumped up and said they wanted to go outside too. So we all ended up going out there...Jake, Farrah and me on the porch and Tanner and Breckin running around in the yard. It was our first little bit of good family time in a while.



Farrah sure enjoyed herself...and I am so loving this daddy-daughter relationship...be still my heart.

I've been hitting the gym hard this week...and I started playing with Insanity again. I say "playing" because I haven't in my mind "officially" started a round of it...I've just been throwing in one of the workouts here and there in addition to my running and gym schedule.


{A little view of my leg day}


{And good ol' Shaun T kicking my ass.}

I've got a neighborhood ladies' wine night tonight...I'm hoping not to feel as awful tomorrow as I did the day after the last one. I have plans for barre class in the morning, so I'm going to try not to stay out too late or drink too much...

At least I've got hot yoga on Sunday, so I know that whatever I do drink will be completely sweated out before Monday. Oy.

Have a great weekend! Oh, and if you get the chance, take a look at my post this week on my prediction for 2015's color of the year. I was right last year, let's see if I do it again! I'd be curious to know what you think it will be...so leave a comment!




http://meetatthebarre.blogspot.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...